Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

Talk in American English 81-90

Dialog 81 I'm sorry?
A: I'm sorry, but I didn't catch what you said.
B: I said, "do you want me to help you?"
A: If it's not too much trouble, I would like some help.
B: It's no trouble at all.
译文
A:对不起,我没听明白你刚才说的话。
B:我是说:“你要我帮忙吗?”
A:如果不太麻烦的话,我需要你帮些忙。
B: 一点也不麻烦。

Dialog 82
Would you mind doing me a favor?
A: Would you mind doing me a favor?
B: Not at all. What can I do for you?
A: I wonder if you could lend me your car?
B: Well, when exactly?
A: Just this afternoon.
B: O.K.
译文
A:介意帮我一个忙吗?
B:不介意。我能为你做什么?
A:我想你能不能把你的车借我一下?
B:嗯,具体什么时候?
A:就今天下午。
B: 好的。

Dialog 83
What a beautiful sweater!
A: What a beautiful sweater!
B: Do you think it looks good on me?
A: Yes, and it goes beautifully with your pants.
B: You won't believe it, but it was really cheap. I got it on sale.
A: I wish I could find one just like it.
译文
A:真漂亮的毛衣!
B:你看我穿着好看吗?
A:好看,而且和你的裤子很配。
B: 你不会相信,它真的很便宜。我在减价时买的。
A:我也能找到这样一件就好了。

Dialog 84 I'm sorry.
A: I'm sorry, but I can't find the book you lent me.
B: That's O.K.
A: I really feel bad about it. Let me buy you a new one.
B: No. Don't be silly. I wouldn't let you do that.
译文
A:对不起,我找不到你借给我的那本书了。
B: 没关系。
A: 我真的很难过。让我给你买本新的吧。
B: 不。别傻了。我不会让你那样做的。

Dialog 85 Give Complaint.
A: I wish you wouldn't play the TV so loud.
B: Sorry. Were you trying to sleep?
A: Yes. And while I think of it, please ask when you want to borrow my records.
B: I'm sorry. You're right. I should have asked.
译文
A:希望你不要把电视机开得那么大声。
B: 对不起。你要睡了吗?
A: 是的。还有,我想起来一件事,你要借用我的唱片时请先问问我。
B: 对不起。你说得对。我应该先问你的。

Dialog 86
Greeting a sick friend.
A: How are you feeling?
B: Not so bad.
A: I've tried to get in here and see you for three days. But the doctor wouldn't let anyone in.
B: Thanks for coming. I really feel fine, but the doctor is too cautious.
A: You're looking fine. You'll be out of the hospital on time. Here's some fruit.
B: Thanks. This hospital's food is terrible. I'll be able to fill up on your fruit.
译文
A: 现在你感觉怎么样?
B: 还可以。
A: 这三天来我试着进来看你,但是医生不让任何人进来。
B: 谢谢你来。我真的感觉很好,但是医生太谨慎了。
A: 你看起来很好。你会很快出院的。这是一些水果。
B: 谢谢。这医院的伙食太差了,我可以吃你的水果填饱肚子。

Dialog 87
I've got some bad news for you.
A: I've got some bad news for you.
B: You mean I didn't pass the scholarship examination?
A: I'm afraid not. The board was favorably impressed with your application, but the competition was very keen. I advise you to try again next year.
B: Thank you. I will.
译文
A: 我有些坏消息告诉你。
B: 你是说我没通过奖学金考试吗?
A: 恐怕是这样。委员会对你的印象很好,但是竞争非常激烈。 我建议你明年再试试。
B:谢谢。我会的。

Dialog 88
Giving friendly advice.
A: I hope you won't mind a little friendly advice.
B: Not at all. They say a true friend is the one who tells you the truth about yourself.
A: Well, I've noticed that you haven't been looking so well lately. I'd like to introduce you to a good doctor.
B: Yeah, I'm not feeling good lately.
A: Let me make an appointment with my doctor, Doctor Smith. He's very good.
B: Thanks. I'd appreciate it.
译文
A: 我希望你不介意一些善意的忠告。
B: 一点也不介意。俗话说对你说真话的才是你真正的朋友。
A: 嗯,我注意到你最近脸色不太好,我想介绍一个好医生给你。
B: 是的,我最近是感觉不太好。
A: 让我来和我的医生预约一下。史密斯医生,他是个很好的医生。
B: 谢谢,我很感激。

Dialog 89
Changing an appointment.
A: I'm sorry, something's come up. Can we make our appointment tomorrow?
B: Yes. Can I see you at three tomorrow?
A: Yes. That'll be fine.
B: Thanks. I'm terribly sorry to inconvenience you.
A: That's all right. I don't mind at all.
译文
A:很抱歉,我有些事,我们的约会能改到明天吗?
B:可以。我能在明天三点和你见面吗?
A:是的,那很好。
B:谢谢。非常抱歉麻烦你。
A:没关系,我完全不介意。

Dialog 90
Happy birthday!
A: Good evening, Julia.
B: Hi, Bob. I'm glad to see you.
A: Happy birthday to you! And this is for you, I hope you'll like it.
B: Many thanks. Come in, please.
A: Go ahead. Open it.
B: Oh, just what I've been wanting. Thanks a lot.
A: I'm glad you like it.
译文
A:晚上好,朱丽。
B:嗨,鲍勃。真高兴见到你。
A:生日快乐!这是给你的,希望你喜欢。
B:感谢之至。请进呀。
A:打开看看。
B:哦,正是我想要的。非常感谢。
A:很高兴你喜欢。

没有评论: