Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

Talk in American English 21-30

Dialog 21 Same here.
A: Have you been to the new theatre on the Central Street?
B: Yeah, I went there last week with my girlfriend.
A: How do you like it?
B: Oh, I think it's really excellent.
A: But I thought the price was too high.
B: Same here.
译文
A: 你去过中央大街的新剧院吗?
B: 是的,我上星期和我女朋友去过。
A: 你觉得那里怎么样?
B: 噢,我觉得那里真是漂亮极了。
A: 不过我觉得那里票价太贵了。
B: 有同感。

Dialog 22
How do I get to the post office?
A: Excuse me. How do I get to the post office?
B: It's three blocks north on Wall Street.
A: Where is Wall Street?
B: It's one block west of here.
A: One block that way, turn right and go three blocks?
B: That's right.
译文
A: 对不起。请问去邮局怎么走?
B: 在华尔街北面过三条街。
A: 华尔街在哪儿?
B: 在这里的西面一条街。
A: 往那边走一条街,右转,再过三条街吗?
B: 这就对了。

Dialog 23
Where can I wash my hands?
A: Excuse me. Where can I wash my hands?
B: Take the elevator to the second floor and turn right.
A: To the second floor and turn right?
B: Right. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them.
A: But where is the elevator?
B: It's right around the corner.
译文
A: 对不起,请问洗手间在哪里?
B: 坐电梯到二楼然后右转。
A: 到二楼然后右转吗?
B: 对,很容易找到的。
A: 但电梯在哪儿呢?
B: 就在拐角处。

Dialog 24
I'm just browsing.
A: May I help you?
B: No, thanks. I'm just browsing.
A: If you need any help, my name is Jane.
B: Fine, thank you. Do you carry tapered shirts?
A: Yes, we do. What size do you need?
译文
A: 我能为你服务吗?
B:不用,谢谢。我只是随便看看。
A:如果你需要任何服务,我叫珍。
B:好的,谢谢你。你们有尺码齐的衬衫吗?
A:我们有。你要什么尺寸的?

Dialog 25
How much do I owe you?
A: Are you being helped?
B: No. I'm looking for a tie.
A: What color do you like?
B: Blue.
A: How do you like this one?
B: It's very nice. I'll take this. How much do I owe you?
A: You owe me $5.50 plus tax.
译文
A:有人为你服务吗?
B:没有。我想挑一条领带。
A:你喜欢什么颜色的?
B:蓝色的。
A:这条怎么样?
B:很好。我要买它。我该给你多少钱?
A:您要付我五元五角,外加税。

Dialog 26
What do you think of my new car?
A: What do you think of my new car?
B: It's very nice. What year and make is it?
A: It's an 84 Ford.
B: How much did you pay for it?
A: Three hundred thousand. I thought it was a reasonable price.
B: I think so, too.
译 文
A:你觉得我的新车怎么样?
B: 很棒。是哪年、什么牌子的?
A: 是84年的福特车。
B: 你买这车花了多少钱?
A: 三十万。我觉得这价钱很公道。
B: 我觉得也是。

Dialog 27
What's on your mind?
A: Susan, you've been very quiet lately. What's on your mind?
B: Oh, I'm worried about taking my driving test.
A: I thought you have taken driving lessons.
B: I did, but I really need to practice more to feel confident.
A: Why don't we go for a long ride this weekend?
B: Oh, could we? I'd love it.
译 文
A:苏珊,你最近很安静。你在想什么?
B:噢,我在担心我的驾照考试。
A:我想你上过驾驶课。
B:我是上过,但我需要更多练习来取得自信。
A:我们何不这个周末开车出去兜兜风?
B:噢,我们可以吗?我想去。

Dialog 28
I'm sorry to hear that.
A: How are you?
B: Fine, thanks. And you?
A: Well, I have a terrible headache.
B: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.
A: Thank you.
译文
A:你好吗?
B:很好,谢谢。你呢?
A:哦,我头疼得很厉害。
B:听到这我很难过。希望你快点好起来。
A:谢谢你。


Dialog 29
I thought so, too.
A: Did he fail the exam again? I thought he would pass this time.
B: I thought so, too.
A: Well, he must study harder next time.
B: I agree completely.A: I've never seen him study for any exam.
B: Come to think of it, neither have I.
译 文
A: 他考试又没通过吗?我以为他这次会通过的。
B: 我也这样想的。
A: 那么,他下次得用功了。
B: 我完全同意。
A: 我从没看过他为任何考试而读书。
B: 想到这里,我也没有看过。


Dialog 30 I envy you.
A: Did you say you're going to take a vacation next week?
B: Yes. I'm going to San Francisco for several weeks.
A: I envy you. I wish I could get away for a while.
B: Can't you take a vacation this summer?
A: No. There's too much work to do.
B: That's too bad.

译文
A: 你说你下周要休假吗?
B: 是的。我要去旧金山两三周。
A: 真羡慕你。但愿我也能出去呆一会儿。
B: 你这个夏天不能休假吗?
A: 不行。有太多工作要做。
B: 真可惜。

没有评论: