Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

English 900 basic (Chinese and English)---U16-U20

Unit 16
Asking the Way
问路
1.Sentences 句子

226.Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the National Art Gallery?
打扰了,请问到国家美术馆怎么走?
227.Can I get to the Bank of Hawaii this way?
这条路能到夏威夷银行吗?
228.Do I turn right here for the Star market?
去星星超市是从这儿向右转吗?
229.Which direction is it to the Prince cinema?
去王子影院是哪个方向?
230.Tell me, please, where is No.10 on this street?
请告诉我这条街十号怎么走?
231.Will this street lead me to the Prince Highway?
这条街能到王子高速公路吗?
232.Is there a shortcut I can take to the zoo?
去动物园有近路吗?
233.Go straight ahead until you see a big glass building on your left.
朝前直走直到看见左边有一座玻璃大楼。
234.Cross this street and go ahead for 2 blocks on your right.
穿过这条街往右边朝前走两个街区。
235.It's right in front of you across the street.
横穿马路正前方就是。
236.It's right beside the red tower.
正好在红塔旁边。
237.It's only a couple of yards away.
走几步就到了。
238.You will see the entrance to the park at the crossroads.
在十字路口就可以看到公园大门。
239.You go straight for three blocks and ask again.
你向前走三个街区再问问别人。
240. It'll take you no more than 10 minutes to walk there.
不用十分钟就可以走到。


2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. ane: Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the National Art Gallery?
John: Well, I am new here myself. You'd better ask the policeman over there.
简:打扰了,请问到国家美术馆怎么走?
约翰:嗯,我也不熟悉这儿。你最好问问那边的警察。
2. Mary: Can I get to the Bank of Hawaii this way?
Tom: Sure.
玛丽:这条路能到夏威夷银行吗?
汤姆:当然能。
3. Anne: Do I turn right here for the Star market?
Jack: Yes, you got it.
安妮:去星星超市是从这儿向右转吗?
杰克:对,你说对了。

4. Tom: Which direction is it to the Prince cinema?
Betty: Turn the left at the traffic lights.
汤姆: 去王子影院从哪个方向走?
贝蒂:在红绿灯那儿向左转。

5. Jack: Tell me, please, where is No.10 on this street?
Jane: Well, turn to the left at that corner, then you will see it.
杰克:请告诉我这条街十号怎么走?
简:行, 在拐角处转左, 然后你就可以看见了。

6. Jane: Will this street lead me to the Prince Highway?
Dean: Surely it will.
简:这条街能到王子高速公路吗?
迪恩:当然能。

7. Jane: Is there a shortcut I can take to the zoo?
Dick: No, no shortcut.
简:去动物园有近路吗?
迪克:没有近路。

8. Jane: Would you please tell me the way to the supermarket?
Alan: Go straight ahead until you see a big glass building on your left. The supermarket is right beside it.
简:请问到超市怎么走?
艾伦:朝前直走,看见左边一座玻璃大楼。超市就在旁边。

9. Gorge: Excuse me, but could you tell me the way to the station?
Helen: Cross this street and go ahead for 2 blocks on your right.
乔治:劳驾,能告诉我车站怎么走吗?
海伦:穿过这条街往右边朝前走两个街区。

10. Tom : But how can I get to the post office?
Jane: It's right in front of you across the street.
汤姆:我怎么才能到邮局呢?
简:横穿马路正前方就是。
11. Mark: Excuse me, how can I get to the Bank of England?
Susan: It's right beside the red tower.
马克:打扰了,请问去英格兰银行怎么走?
苏珊:正好在红塔旁边。

12. Tom : How much further is it?
Lucy: It's only a couple of yards away.
汤姆:还有多远?
露西:再走几步就到了。

13. Tom : Excuse me, I'm looking for the park.
Kitty: You will see the entrance to the park at the crossroads.
汤姆:劳驾,请问到公园怎么走?
凯蒂:在十字路口就可以看到公园大门。

14. Tom : Sorry, I want to know how to get to Kennedy Airport?
Maggie: You go straight for three blocks and ask again.
汤姆:对不起,到肯尼迪机场怎么走?
玛吉:你向前走三个街区再问问别人。

15. Alice: Is it far from here?
Peter: No, It'll take you no more than 10 minutes to walk there.
艾丽斯:离这儿远吗?
彼得:不远,不用十分钟就可以走到。

3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the National Art Gallery?
the Children's Palace ?
Chinatown?

对不起,请问到 国家美术馆怎么走?
少年宫
唐人街

2. Can I get to the Bank of Hawaii this way?
the Bank of England
the Bank of New city
这条路能到 夏威夷 银行吗?
英格兰
新城

3. Do I turn right here for the Star market?
post office?
railway station?
去 星星超市 是从这儿向右转吗?
邮局
火车站
4. Which direction is it to the Prince Cinema?
People's
Panda
去 王子 影院从哪个方向?
人民
熊猫

5. Tell me, please, where is No. 10 on this street?
5
15
请告诉我这条街 十 号怎么走?

十五

6. Will this street lead me to the Prince Highway?
bus station?
airport?

这条街能到 王子高速公路 吗?
汽车站
飞机场

7. Is there a shortcut I can take to the zoo?
park?
beach?

去 动物园 有近路吗?
公园
海边

8. Go straight ahead until you see a big glass building on your left.
white
yellow
朝前直走直到看见左边有一座 玻璃 大楼。
白色
黄色
9. Cross this street and go ahead for 2 blocks on your right.
3
4

穿过这条街往右边朝前走 两 个街区。



10. It's right in front of you across the street.
river.
station.

穿过马路 正前方就是。
河对面
穿过车站

11. It's right beside the red tower.
school.
bank.

正好在 红塔 旁边。
学校
银行

12. It's only a couple of yards away.
meters away.
minutes way.

走 几步 就到了。
几米
几分钟

13. You will see the entrance to the park at the crossroads.
zoo
museum
在十字路口就可以看到 公园大门。
动物园。
博物馆。

14. You go straight for three blocks and ask again.
two
four

你向前走 三 个街区再问问别人。



15. It'll take you no more than 10 minutes to walk there.
about 5 minutes
more than 20 minutes

不用十分钟 就可以走到。
大约五分钟
二十多分钟

4.Conversation 对话

1. Man: Pardon me, Madam. Can you tell me how to get to the nearest bank?
Lady: Surely. Turn right at the next corner and keep on going two blocks.
Man: Which side of the street is it on?
Lady: The left side. It's on the corner. Are you a stranger in this city?
Man: I'm a stranger in this country. I just arrived from China.

男士:打搅,夫人,能告诉我离这儿最近的银行怎么走吗?
女士:当然。在下一个拐角处向右转,再继续走两个街区。
男士:在街的哪一边呢?
女士:在左边。拐角处。你第一次来这个城市吗?
男士:我第一次来这个国家。我刚从中国来。

2. Mary: Excuse me, sir. Is there a post office near here?
Man: Yes, there's one over there, next to the News agent. It's opposite the record shop.
Mary: Thanks. And where can I buy a film for my camera?
Man: At the chemist's. There is one opposite the post office.
Mary: Thank you very much.
Man: You are welcome!

玛丽:对不起,先生。请问这儿有邮局吗?
男士:有,那边报亭旁边有一个。就在唱片商店对面。
玛丽:谢谢。还有在哪儿可以买到照相的胶卷呢?
男士:在药店可以买到。就在邮局对面。
玛丽:真是太感谢你了。
男士:不客气!

3. Dick: Excuse me, madam, but could you tell me the way to the Art museum?
Woman: The Art museum? You go down this street and turn to the left at the second corner.
Dick: The second corner?
Woman: Yes, the Art museum is about two hundred meters away from the corner.
Dick: That's very near. I think I can find it. Thank you!
Woman: You are welcome!

迪克:夫人,请问到美术馆怎么走?
女士:美术馆?顺着这条街往前走,在第二个十字路口向左拐。
迪克:第二个十字路口?
女士:对,美术馆离十字路口大约有两百米远。
迪克:还挺近的。我想我能找到了。谢谢你!
女士:不客气!

4. John: Would you have dinner with me this evening?
Linda: Of course. Where?
John: Let's go to the Italian restaurant on Green Street.
Linda: But how can I get there?
John: Go along North Street. Turn left down West Street, take the second turn on the right, that's Green Street. And the Italian restaurant is on the corner.
约翰:和我一起吃晚餐,好吗?
琳达:好啊。去哪儿呢?
约翰:我们去格林大街的意大利餐馆吧。
琳达:我怎么去呢?
约翰:顺着北街往前走,向左转到西街,在第二个路口向右转,那就是格林大街。意大
利餐馆就在拐角处。

5. Mr. Smiths: Excuse me, I'm looking for a bank.
Woman: There are lots of banks on this street. Do you want to change your money?
Mr. Smiths: Yes. Which bank do you suggest?
Woman: You could try the New city Bank. It's next to the big church.
Mr. Smiths: And is there a post office near here?
Woman: Yes. See that big shopping center---there is one on the second floor.
Mr. Smiths: Oh, thank you very much!
史密斯先生:劳驾,请问哪儿有银行呢?
女士:这条街有很多银行。你要兑换外汇吗?
史密斯先生:是的,你觉得哪家好呢?
女士:你可以去新城银行试试。就在大教堂旁边。
史密斯先生:这附近有邮局吗?
女士:有的。看见那个商业中心了吗?邮局就在二楼。
史密斯先生:哦,谢谢你!

6. Waiter: Good morning, Sir. Can I help you?
Man : Yes. Is there a garage near here?
Waiter: Yes, there is a garage in the North street, straight ahead on the left.
Man: Thank you!
Waiter: You are welcome!
侍者:早上好,先生。有什么事吗?
男人:有事。这附近有车库吗?
侍者:有的,北街就有一个,在正前面左边。
男人:谢谢!
侍者:不客气!

Unit 17
Talking about holidays
谈论假日
1.Sentences 句子

241.We're thinking of a visit with my parents in California.
我们想去拜访加州的父母。
242.We're going to enjoy an extra long weekend.
我们将要欢度一个特别长的周末。
243.I've promised to take my family out to a park.
我答应带全家去公园。
244.We want to see the old year out and welcome the new year in.
我们期待辞旧岁迎新年。
245.We're planning a family reunion.
我们计划着家庭团聚。
246.They'll go and pay new year's calls on their friends and wish them a happy new year.
他们将去拜访朋友,祝愿他们新年快乐。
247.We've got a lot of refreshments ready for visitors.
我们为客人准备了许多点心。
248.Most holidays and festivals are now commercialized, Christmas for example.
现在大部分节日都商业化了,譬如圣诞。
249.Christmas is the most celebrated festival in my country.
在我们国家圣诞是最盛大的节日。
250.I'd like to have a four-day trip to the Rockies this year.
今年我想去洛基山旅行四天。
251.My Washington trip had to be called off because of the bad weather.
因为天气不好,我取消了华盛顿一行。
252.I found a lot of new things to see there.
我发现那儿有许多新东西值得一观。
253.We managed to get used to the local customs.
我们尽量习惯当地风俗。
254.I must say it's a beautiful place for a vacation.
我得说那是个美丽的度假地方。
255.I'd like to know more about your Mother's Day.
我想了解更多关于你们母亲节的情况。

2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Tom: Where will you go for this coming vacation?
Jane: We are thinking of a visit with my parents in California.

汤姆:假期你们将去哪?
简:我们想去拜访加州的父母。

2. Tom : What are you going to do ?
Kitty: We're going to enjoy an extra long weekend.
汤姆:你们打算做什么?
凯蒂:我们将要欢度一个特别长的周末。

3. Jane : What's your plan for this weekend?
Dennis: I've promised to take my family out to a park.
简:这个周末打算做什么?
丹尼斯:我答应带全家去公园。

4. Tom : What do you want?
Lucy: We want to see the old year out and welcome the new year in.
汤姆:你们期待什么?
露西 : 我们期待辞旧岁迎新年。

5. Jane: What are you planning?
Jim: We are planning a family reunion.
简:你们正计划什么?
吉姆:我们计划着家庭团聚。

6. Tom : What will they do tomorrow?
Alice: They'll go and pay new year's calls on their friends.
汤姆:他们明天将做什么?
  艾丽斯:他们将去拜访朋友,祝愿新年快乐。

7. Jane: Are you ready?
Mike: Yes, we've got a lot of refreshments ready for visitors.
简:准备好了吗?
  迈克:是,我们已为客人准备了许多点心。

8. Carl: Is there any change in the way people celebrate holidays?
Helen: Yeah, most holidays have been now commercialized.

  卡尔:人们庆祝节日的方式有变化吗?
  海伦:有啊,现在大多数节日都商业化了。

9. Tom : What's the most celebrated festival in your country?
Betty: It's Christmas.

  汤姆:你们国家最盛大的节日是什么?
贝蒂:圣诞节。

10. Jane: How will you spend your holiday this fall?
Bill: I'd like to have a four-day trip to the Rockies this fall.

简:秋季你怎样度假?
比尔:今年秋天我想去洛基山旅行四天。

11. Tom : Why did you cancelled the trip ?
Rose: Because of the bad weather.

汤姆:你为什么取消了旅行?
罗斯:因为天气不好。

12. Anne: what do you think of this place?
Tom : I found a lot of new things to see there.

安妮:你觉得这个地方怎么样?
汤姆:我发现那儿有许多新东西值得一观。

13. Maggie: What did you do with the local customs?
Jack: We managed to get used to them.

玛吉:你们怎样对待当地风俗的?
杰克:我们尽量适应当地风俗。

14. George: How do you feel about this resort?
Lynn: I must say it's a beautiful place for a vacation.

乔治:你觉得这个地方怎么样?
琳:我得说这是个美丽的度假胜地。

15. Tom : What would you like to know?
Lily: I'd like to know more about your Mother's Day.

汤姆:你想知道什么?
莉莉:我想了解更多关于你们母亲节的情况。

3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. We're thinking of a visit with my parents in California.
uncle
grandparents

我们想去拜访加州的 父母。
叔叔。
祖父母。
2. We're going to enjoy an extra long weekend.
holiday.
summer vacation.

我们将要欢度一个特别长的 周末。
假日。
暑假。

3. I've promised to take my family out to a park.
for a dinner.
for a picnic.
我已答应带全家去 公园。
美餐。
野餐。

4. We want to see the old year out and welcome the new year in.
look forward to seeing
are waiting to

我们 期待 辞旧岁迎新年。
盼望
等待

5. We're planning a family reunion.
a classmates
a townsfolk

我们计划着 家庭 团聚。
同学
老乡

6. They'll go and pay new year's calls on their friends and wish them a happy new year.
teachers
relatives

他们将去拜访 朋友, 祝愿他们新年快乐。
老师,
亲戚,

7. We've got a lot of refreshments ready for visitors.
candies
dishes

我们为客人准备了许多 点心。
糖果。
食物。

8. Most holidays and festivals are now commercialized, Christmas for example.
New year's day
National day
大部分节日都商业化了, 譬如 圣诞。
新年。
国庆节。

9. Christmas is the most celebrated festival in my country
Spring festival
Thanksgiving

在我们国家 圣诞 是最盛大的节日。
春节
感恩节

10. I'd like to have a four-day trip to the Rockies this year.
London
Paris
今年我想去 洛基山 旅行四天。
伦敦
巴黎

11. My Washington trip had to be called off because of the bad weather.
illness.
the unexpected accident.

因为 天气不好, 我取消了华盛顿一行。
生病,
意外的事故,

12. I found a lot of new things to see there.
beautiful views
historical interests

我发现那儿有许多 新东西 值得一观。
美丽风景
名胜古迹

13. We managed to get used to the local customs.
manners.
flavor.
我们尽量适应当地 风俗。
习惯。
风味。

14. I must say it's a beautiful place for a vacation.
terrific
wonderful
我得说那是个 美丽 的度假地方。
绝妙
美妙

15. I'd like to know more about your mother's day.
mid-autumn festival.
Easter day.
我想了解更多关于你们 母亲节 的情况。
中秋节
复活节

4.Conversation 对话

1 Jane: What are you going to do for the holidays?
Frank: I haven't thought about it .What are you going to do?
Jane: I haven't made up my mind either, maybe I'll just get enough sleep for a recover.
Frank: I'm invited to somebody's house for dinner.
Jane: That's wonderful. You are going to enjoy it.

简:这个假期你打算做什么?
佛兰克:我还没决定呢。你呢?
简:我也没想好。也许只是好好睡一觉,休息一下。
佛兰克:有人请我去家里吃饭呢!
简:那可太好了。玩得高兴点。

2. Jack: How did you spend your summer vacation?
Anne: I did so many things that I feel tired.
Jack: That's what vacations are like. Many people can't really rest.
Anne: I traveled too much and tried to see many things.
Jack: Are you sorry you did it?
Anne: Not a bit .In the future I'll be happy I saw all these places.

杰克:你暑假怎么过的?
安妮:我做了很多事,好累呀!
杰克:放假就是这样的。很多人都不能真正的好好休息。
安妮:我四处游玩,见闻大增。
杰克:你觉得后悔吗?
安妮:一点也不。将来我会为走过这么多地方高兴的!
3. Tom: Christmas is coming soon, and I haven't done my Christmas shopping yet.
Susan: Neither have I. Shall we go shopping together?
Tom: Not a bad idea. Let's first write out a shopping list. That will save a lot of time .
Susan :I'm going to buy a Christmas tree with all necessary decorations, and some presents for my parents.
Tom: I'm going to buy a tape for my brother. He is very fond of music.

汤姆:圣诞节快到了,我还没有圣诞大采购呢。
苏珊:我也没有。我们一起去好不好?
汤姆:好主意。我们先写一个采购清单吧。那样可以节约很多时间。
苏珊:我要买一棵圣诞树和所有必要的装饰品,还要为父母买圣诞礼物。
汤姆:我要为哥哥买盒唱片。他非常喜欢音乐。

4. Alice: Where are you going to spend your holidays this year, Tom?
Tom: We may go abroad, my wife wants to go to Egypt, and I'd like to go there too. We haven't made up our minds yet.
Alice: Will you travel by sea or by air?
Tom: We may travel by sea. It's cheaper.
Alice: I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.
艾丽斯:你今年打算去哪儿度假,汤姆?
汤姆:我们打算出国,我太太想去埃及,我也想去。我们还没拿定主意。
艾丽斯:你们乘飞机还是乘船旅行?
汤姆:可能坐船,坐船便宜些。
艾丽斯:我想你们一定会玩得很高兴的!

5. Kitty: I haven't seen you since last weekend. How have you been?
Jack: I tell you what I did for that weekend. My roommate took me home with him.
Kitty: You were lucky.
Jack: We had a wonderful dinner. His family was very nice to me.
Kitty: What else did you do?
Jack: We went to a football game and really enjoyed ourselves.

凯蒂:从上个周末起我就没看见你了。过得怎么样?
杰克:我告诉你我上个周末干了什么吧。我的室友请我去了他家。
凯蒂:你真幸运。
杰克:我们美美的吃了一顿。他的家人对我很好。
凯蒂:你们还做了些什么?
杰克:我们还去看了一场足球赛,过得很高兴。

unit 18
Talking about Chinese Customs
第十八单元 谈论中国习俗
1.Sentences 句子

256. Qipao (Chinese-styled long gown) is a common dress for a woman.
旗袍(中国式长袍)是一种普通女装。
257.Rice crust is becoming a favorite food in China.
锅巴成为中国一种流行的点心。
258.Kite-flying is very popular in China.
放风筝在中国很受欢迎。
259.Almost every Chinese likes to listen to cross talks.
几乎每一个中国人都爱听相声。
260.The Spring Festival is the most important traditional one celebrated throughout China.
春节是中国最重要的一个传统节日。
261.Chinese acrobatic performance is wonderful.
中国的杂技表演丰富多彩。
262.The most exciting time is the Eve of the Lunar New Year.
大年三十的晚上最激动。
263.People say "Happy New Year" to each other.
人们相互祝愿"新年好"。
264.Foreigners call Chinese Wushu Gongfu.
外国人称中国武术为功夫。
265.Wushu has been popularized in China for ages.
武术在中国流行已久。
266.Chinese calligraphy is as beautiful as a picture.
中国书法具有很高的观赏价值。
267.The Great Wall is a man-made wonder.
长城是人力造就的奇观。
268.Guilin is famous for its scenic beauties.
桂林以其山水如画闻名。
269.You can find many unearthed objects in Xi'an.
西安有许多出土文物。
270.Sichuan pandas mainly live on bamboo.
四川的熊猫主要以吃竹子为生。

2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Mary: What is a Qipao?
Mike: Qipao (Chinese-styled long gown) is a common dress for a woman.

玛丽:什么是旗袍?
迈克:旗袍(中国式长袍)是一种普通女装。

2. Alice: How do the Chinese people like rice crust?
Tom: Rice crust is becoming a favorite food in China.

艾丽斯:中国人喜欢锅巴吗?
汤姆:锅巴在中国变得流行。 3. Jack: Where is kite-flying very popular?
Alice: Kite-flying is very popular in China.

杰克:放风筝在哪里很受欢迎?
艾丽斯:放风筝在中国很受欢迎。

4. Jane: What does almost every Chinese like to listen to?
Tom: Almost every Chinese likes to listen to cross talks.

简:几乎每个中国人都很爱听什么?
汤姆:几乎每个中国人都很爱听相声。

5. Mary: What is the most important traditional festival celebrated throughout China?
Jack: The Spring Festival is the most important traditional one celebrated throughout China.
玛丽:什么是中国最重要的一个传统节日?
杰克:春节是中国最重要的一个传统节日。

6. Tom: Is Chinese acrobatic performance very dull and boring?
Jane: No, it's rich and colorful.

汤姆:中国的杂技表演枯燥无味吗?
简:不, 中国的杂技表演丰富多彩。

7. Eddy: When is the most exciting time?
Amy: The most exciting time is the Eve of the Lunar New Year.

艾迪:什么时候最激动人心?
艾米:大年三十晚上最激动人心。

8. Eddy: What do people say to each other?
Mary: People say " Happy New Year" to each other.

艾迪:人们怎样相互祝愿?
玛丽:人们相互祝愿"新年好"。

9. Jack: Where has Wushu been popularized for ages?
Alice: Wushu has been popularized in China for ages.

杰克:武术在什么地方已经流传很久了?
艾丽斯:武术在中国已经流传很久了。

10. Tom: What do foreigners call Chinese Wushu?
Jane: Foreigners call Chinese Wushu Gongfu.

汤姆:外国人称中国武术为什么?
简:外国人称中国武术为功夫。

11. Mike: How is Chinese calligraphy?
Jane: Chinese calligraphy is as beautiful as a picture.

迈克: 中国书法怎么样?
简: 中国书法具有很高的观赏价值。

12. Jane: Is the Great Wall a man-made wonder?
Mike: Yes, the Great Wall is a man-made wonder.

简:长城是人造奇观吗?
迈克: 长城是人力造就的奇观。

13. Tom: What is Guilin famous for?
Mary: Guilin is famous for its scenic beauties.

汤姆:桂林以什么闻名?
玛丽:桂林以其山水如画闻名。

14. Alice: Where can you find many unearthed objects?
Tom: You can find many unearthed objects in Xi'an.
艾丽斯:在哪里可以找到很多出土文物?
汤姆: 西安有很多的出土文物。

15. Mary: What mainly live on bamboo?
Mike: Sichuan pandas mainly live on bamboo.
玛丽:什么动物以竹子为生?
迈克: 四川的熊猫主要以竹子为生。

3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. Qipao (Chinese-styled long gown) is a common dress for a woman.
A skirt
A blouse

旗袍 (中国式长袍)是一种普通女装。
裙子
短衫

2. Rice-crust is becoming a favorite food in China.
popular among all ages.
made in special way.

锅巴 在中国变得流行。
受到不同年龄人的喜爱。
做法很特别。

Kite-flying is very popular in China.
Swinging
Majiang

放风筝 在中国很受欢迎。
荡秋千
麻将

4. Almost every Chinese likes to listen to cross talks.
Not
It's said that

几乎 每个中国人都爱听相声。
并不是
据说

5.The Spring Festival is the most important traditional one celebrated throughout China.
Mid-autumn Festival
Chongyang Festival

春节 是中国最重要的一个传统节日。
中秋节
重阳节

6.Chinese acrobatic performance is wonderful.
exciting and marvelous.
breath-taking and appealing.
中国的杂技表演 丰富多彩。
激动人心,奇妙无比。
惊心动魄,引人入胜。

7. The most exciting time is the Eve of the Lunar New Year.
wonderful
fantastic

大年三十晚上最 激动人心。
美好。
迷人。

8.People say " Happy New Year" to each other.
"Merry Christmas"
"Happy Valentine's Day"

人们相互祝愿 "新年好"。
"圣诞节快乐"。
"情人节快乐"。

9. Wushu has been popularized in China for ages.
Cross talks
Opera

武术 在中国流传已久。
相声
京剧

10. Foreigners call Chinese Wushu Gongfu.
Americans
Africans

外国人 称中国武术为功夫。
美国人
非洲人

11. Chinese calligraphy is as beautiful as a picture.
Chinese painting
Chinese sculpture

中国的书法 有很高的欣赏价值。
中国的绘画
中国的雕刻

12. The Great Wall is a man-made wonder.
known worldwide.
well known.

长城是 人造奇迹。
世界闻名的。
家喻户晓的。

13. Guilin is famous for its scenic beauties.
Yunnan
Jiuzhaigou

桂林 以其山水如画著称。
云南
九寨沟

14.You can find many unearthed objects in Xi'an.
places of interest
historical relics

在西安有很多 出土文物。
旅游胜地。
历史遗迹。

15.Sichuan pandas mainly live on bamboo.
almost
often
四川熊猫 主要 以竹子为生。
大多数
通常

4.Conversation 对话

1 Bill: What's up?
Jane: Nothing special. But Ben just now invited me to attend a traditional Chinese home party next week.
Bill: Really? That's fantastic!
Jane: Yeah. You've got to know the Spring Festival since you've been in China for almost one year, haven't you?
Bill: Yes, of course. One of my Chinese friends also asked me to go to his home in the celebration of the event some day next week.
Jane: Guess we'll have a good time there.

比尔:有什么事儿吗?
简:没什么特别的。但是刚才本邀请我下周参加一个传统的中国家庭聚会。
比尔:是吗?那太好了!
简:是的。你到中国也快一年了总该知道春节吧, 不是吗?
比尔:当然。我的一个中国朋友也邀请我下周某天去他家庆祝这个节日呢。
简:我想我们将会度过美妙的时刻。

2. Tony: Hi!
Chinese girl: Hi!
Tony: Excuse me, but what's it in your hand?
Chinese Girl: It's a kite. I am flying it into the sky.
Tony: Sounds very interesting. Can you show me how to do it?
Chinese Girl: My pleasure.

托尼:你好!
中国女孩:你好!
托尼:打扰一下, 你手中拿的是什么?
女孩:是风筝。我正要把它放飞到空中呢。
托尼:听起来很有趣。你能教我怎么放起来吗?
女孩:非常乐意。

3. Kathy: Happy New Year.
David: Happy New Year.
Kathy: What's your plan in the new year?
David: I want to become my own boss.
Kathy: What do you mean by that ?
David: Well, I plan to open a company this year.

凯茜:新年快乐!
大卫:新年快乐!
凯茜:在新的一年里你有什么打算?
大卫:我想当自己的老板。
凯茜:你这话是什么意思?
大卫:嗯, 我打算今年开一家公司。

4. Tom: Good morning.
Linda: Good morning.
Tom: What are you doing there?
Linda: I am practicing Gongfu.
Tom: Gongfu?
Linda: Gongfu is Chinese Whushu.
Tom: Oh, I see. Just go ahead.

汤姆:早上好!
琳达:早上好!
汤姆:你在做什么呢?
琳达:我在练功夫。
汤姆:功夫?
琳达:功夫就是中国武术。
汤姆:哦, 我明白了。那你继续吧。

5. Helen: Have you ever been to China?
Matte: No, I haven't yet.
Helen: I have been there twice.
Matte: What's the country famous for?
Helen: I figure the Great Wall is really wonderful.
Matte: Great Wall? I heard of that somehow. Doesn't it look like a dragon, does it ?
Helen: Exactly! Only if you can see it in person.

海伦:你去过中国吗?
马特:不,还没有。
海伦:我去过两次。
马特:这个国家什么出名?
海伦:我觉得长城真的是太壮观了!
马特:长城?我好象听说过的。它看起来是不是像一条龙,是吗?
海伦:太对了!要是你能亲自去看看就好了。

6. Lisa: How are you?
John: Fine, thank you. And you ?
Lisa: I am ok. How about your trip to China?
John: That's great! I bought many funny things there.
Lisa: What do you think was most special?
John: A Qipao. It's a kind of traditional Chinese dress. Very nice! I can show you next time.

丽莎:你好吗?
约翰:我很好,谢谢你。你呢?
丽莎:我还不错。你的中国这旅怎么样?
约翰:太棒了!我在那里买了很多有趣的东西。
丽莎:你觉得什么最特别?
约翰:旗袍。那是一种传统的中国服饰。非常漂亮!我下次给你看。

Unit19
Talking about Feelings
第十九单元 谈论感情
1.Sentences 句子

271.My mother is delighted about my success.
我的母亲对我的成功感到非常的高兴。
272.Bob is content with his wife.
鲍勃对他的妻子很满意。
273.Black is very satisfied with his salary.
布莱克对他的薪水很满意。
274.White is worried about his health.
怀特担心他自己的健康。
275.Green was disappointed at the news.
格丽丝听到这个消息很失望。
276.Rose is annoyed at his question.
罗斯对他的提问很恼火。
277.I'm afraid of tigers most.
我最怕老虎。
278.Most girls are sacred of mice.
大多数的女孩子都害怕老鼠。
279.He had been fed up with the job.
他对这份工作已经厌倦了。
280.John is nervous about the exam.
约翰对考试很紧张。
281.She was very happy to hear from her boyfriend.
收到男朋友的来信她非常高兴。
282.Frank said he was grateful for your help.
佛兰克说他很感谢你对他的帮助。
283.It's a great pity Lily cannot go to the party
莉莉不能来参加这个聚会真是太遗憾了。
284.His father was hard to believe he made such a mistake.
他的父亲很难相信他犯了这样的一个错误。
285.Mother said I should have finished my homework before I went to the cinema.
妈妈说我看电影之前本该把作业先做完。

2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Jack: Your mother must be delighted about your success, isn't she?
Lisa: Yes, my mother is delighted about my success.

杰克:你的母亲一定对你的成功感到很高兴, 是吗?
丽莎:是的, 我的母亲对我的成功感到很高兴。

2. Jane: Is Bob contented with his wife?
John: Yes, Bob is contented with his wife.

简:鲍勃对他的妻子满意吗?
约翰:是的, 鲍勃对他的妻子很满意。

3. Rose: What is Black satisfied with?
Robert: Black is satisfied with his salary.

罗斯:布莱克对什么很满意?
罗伯特:布莱克对他的薪水很满意。

4. Jane: What is White worried about?
James: White is worried about his health.

简:怀特担心什么?
詹姆斯:怀特担心他自己的健康。

5. Bill: Who is disappointed at the news?
Helen: Green is disappointed at the news.

比尔:谁听到这个消息很失望?
海伦:格丽丝听到这个消息很失望。

6. Jenny: Is Rose annoyed at this question?
Tony: Yes, Rose is annoyed at his question.

詹妮:罗斯这个对提问很恼火吗?
托尼:是的,罗斯对他的提问很恼火。

7. Tom: What are you afraid of most?
Jane: I'm afraid of tigers most.

汤姆:你最怕什么?
简:我最怕老虎。

8. Jane: What are most girls sacred of?
Lee: Most girls are sacred of mice.

简:大多数女孩都怕什么?
李:大多数女孩都怕老鼠。

9. Tom : What is he fed up with?
Sue: He is fed up with his job.

汤姆:他对什么感到厌倦了?
苏:他对这份工作已经厌倦了。

10. Jane: John isn't nervous about his exam, is he?
Black: Yes, John is nervous about his exam.

简:约翰对考试不紧张,不是吗?
布莱克:不对, 他很紧张考试。

11. Jane: What was she happy for?
Sam: She was very happy to hear from her boyfriend.
简:她为什么高兴?
山姆:收到男朋友的来信她很高兴。

12. Jane: What did Frank say?
Jeff: Frank said he was grateful for your help.
简:佛兰克说什么?
杰夫:佛兰克说他很感激你对他的帮助。

13. Linda: What's a great pity?
John: It's a great pity lily cannot come to the party.
琳达:什么事那么遗憾?
约翰:莉莉不能来参加这个聚会真的是很遗憾。

14. Jane: Was his father very hard to believe he made such a mistake?
Jack: Yes. His father was very hard to believe he made such a mistake.
简:他的父亲很难相信他犯了这样的一个错误吗?
杰克:是的。 他的父亲很难相信他犯了这样一个错误。

15. Tom : What did your mother say?
Helen: My mother said I should have finished my homework before I go to the cinema.
汤姆:你妈妈说什么?
海伦:我妈妈说我本该在去看电影前就把作业做完了。

3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. My mother is delighted about my success.
progress.
achievement.

我的母亲对我的 成功 感到高兴。
进步
成绩

2. Bob is content with his wife.
boss.
position.

鲍勃对他的 妻子 很满意。
老板
职位

3. Black is very satisfied with his salary.
not
completely
布莱克对他的工资水平 很 满意。

完全

4. White is worried about his health.
cares
thinks too much

怀特 担心 他自己的健康。
关心
太过担忧

5. Green was disappointed at the news.
happy
excited
格丽丝听到这个消息很 失望。
高兴。
激动。

6. Rose is annoyed at his question.
rude manner.
irony.
罗斯对他的 提问 很恼火。
无理
讽刺

7. I'm afraid of tigers most.
a little.
very much.

我 最 怕老虎。
有点
非常

8. Most girls are sacred of mice.
Many people
Little children

大多数的女孩子 都害怕老鼠。
很多人
小孩子

9. He had been fed up with the job.
fond of
familiar with

他已经 厌倦了 这份工作。
喜欢上
熟悉了

10. John is nervous about the exam.
interview.
investigation.
约翰对 考试 很紧张。
面试
调查
11. She was very happy to hear from her boyfriend.
receive a gift.
visit her hometown.
收到男朋友的来信 她非常高兴。
收到礼物
重回故里

12. Frank said he was grateful for your help.
offer.
support.
佛兰克说他很感谢你对他的 帮助。
支援。
支持。

13. It's a great pity Lily cannot go to the party.
he missed the game.
she failed in the exam.

莉莉不能来参加这个聚会 真是太遗憾了。
他错过了这场比赛
她考试失败

14. His father was hard to believe he made such a mistake.
didn't believe
did believe

他的父亲 很难相信 他犯了这样的一个错误。
不相信
确实相信

15. Mother said I should have finished my homework before I went to the cinema.
played the game.
watched TV.

妈妈说我 看电影 之前本该把作业先做完。
玩游戏
看电视

4.Conversation 对话

1. Tom: You look very sad. What's going on?
Jane: I broke a dear vase.
Tom: Oh, dear! Sorry to hear that.
Jane: Mum is very angry with me.
Tom: Don't worry. Everything will be all right.
Jane: I hope so.

汤姆:你看起很不高兴。发生什么事儿了?
简:我把一个很昂贵的花瓶弄碎了。
汤姆:哦,我的天!很遗憾听到这个消息。
简:妈妈很生我的生气。
汤姆:不要担心。一切都会好起来的。
简:但愿如此。

2. Robert: Lovely weather, isn't it?
Lisa: Yes, I agree with you.
Robert: I heard that you got a raise once again.
Lisa: Yeah. That's true. I just could not believe it. It's so...
Robert: All my congratulations.
Lisa: Thank you. You are so nice.

罗伯特:天气很好,不是吗?
丽莎:是的,我同意。
罗伯特:我听说你又加薪了。
丽莎:是啊。一点不假。我简直不能相信。这么……
罗伯特: 祝贺你。
丽莎: 谢谢。你真好。
3. Jim: Hi! Jane, where are you rushing to?
Jane: I'll be late.
Jim: Late? Hey, what's the matter?
Jane: The campus football final is almost on. Just on the playground.
Jim: Really? But the teacher asked me to see her just now.
Jane: Poor guy! Then see you around.
Jim: Too bad I can not go to watch the game!

吉姆:嗨!简,你跑的那么急做什么?
汤姆:我快迟到了。
吉姆:迟到?嘿,什么事儿呀?
汤姆:校园足球决赛马上就要开始了。就在操场上。
吉姆:真的吗?但是刚才老师叫我去她那里。
汤姆;可怜的家伙!回头见。
吉姆:我不能去看比赛真是可惜!

4. Jenny: Good afternoon.
Jack: Good afternoon.
Jenny: I am going to a glasses exhibition.
Jack: Where is the show?
Jenny: Not very far. Just in the exhibition hall. Would you like to go with me ?
Jack: Good idea! I'd like to.

詹妮:下午好!
杰克:下午好!
詹妮:我正要去参观一个眼镜展示会。
杰克:在那里举行呢?
詹妮:你太远,就在展示厅里。你愿意和我一起去吗?
杰克:好主意!我很乐意。

5. Tom: Why haven't you come to school for two days?
Rose: My mum was ill.
Tom: I am extremely sorry to hear that.
Rose: That's ok.
Tom: Does your mother feel better now? I hope she does.
Rose: Yes, she's much better now. Thank you for your consideration.

汤姆:你怎么有两天没来上课了?
罗斯:我妈妈生病了。
汤姆:听到这个消息真是太难过了。
罗斯:没什么。
汤姆:你妈妈好些了吗?我希望她好些了。
罗斯:是的,她好多了。谢谢你的关心。

6. Jane: Excuse me, are you Mr. Tony?
Tony: Yes, I am.
Jane: Very nice to meet you. I am Jane, from the Youth Travel Agency.
Tony: Nice to meet you, too.
Jane: I'll be your interpreter in China.
Tony: Oh, yeah. That's great!

简:打扰一下, 您是托尼先生吗?
托尼:是的,我就是。
简:很高兴认识您。我叫简,是青年旅行社的。
托尼:我也很高兴认识你。
简:我将担任您在中国的翻译。
托尼:是嘛。那太好了!


Unit20
Talking about jobs
谈论工作

1.Sentences 句子

286.John works in a big company.
约翰在一家大公司工作。
287.He works as a sales manager.
他是一名销售经理。
288.He has been in this company for five years.
他已经在这家公司工作五年了。
289.At first John served as a salesman.
起初约翰是一个销售人员。
290.He was promoted to be the manager two years after he came into the company.
在他进入公司两年后就被提升为了经理。
291.He has been very diligent in his work.
他工作一直很勤勉。
292.Tom is the president of the company.
汤姆是这家公司的董事长。
293.He trusts John very much.
他很信任约翰。
294.He wants to give John another promotion.
他想再次提升约翰。
295.The working time of the company is usually from 9 o'clock in the morning to 6 o'clock in the evening.
公司的工作时间是从早上九点到晚上六点。
296.John has never been late for his work.
约翰上班从没迟到过。
297.He always belongs to those who are
the last ones to leave the office.
他总是属于那些最后离开办公室的一族。
298.John loves his work.
约翰很爱他的工作。
299.He gets much fun from what he is doing.
他从工作中获得了很多的乐趣。
300.Working is a process of learning.
工作是一个学习的过程。

2.Questions and Answers问与答

1.Peggy: Where does John work?
Jim: John works for a big company.

佩吉:约翰在哪里工作?
吉姆:约翰在一家大公司上班。

2.Tom: What does he work as?
Tina: He works as a sales manager.

汤姆:他的工作是什么?
堂娜:他是一名销售经理。

3. Kate: How many years has he been in this company?
Bill: He has been in this company for five years.

凯特:他在这家工作多久了?
比尔:他在这家公司已经工作五年了。

4. Helen: What did he serve at first?
Tom: At first he served as a salesman.

海伦:他起初是做什么的?
汤姆:他起初是一名销售人员。

5. Sam: When was he promoted to be the manager?
Serena: He was promoted to be the manager after two years
in the company.

山姆 :他是什么时候被提升为经理的?
塞娜 :他是进公司两年后被提升为经理的。

6. Lisa: Has he been very diligent in his work?
Tom: Yes, He has been very diligent in his work.

丽莎:他工作一直很勤勉吗?
汤姆:是的,他工作一直很勤勉。

7. Jane: Who is the president of the company?
Robert: Tom is the president of the company.

简:谁是这家公司的董事长?
罗伯特:汤姆是这家公司的董事长。

8. Mark: Does he trust John very much?
Mary: Yes, he trusts John very much.

马克:他很信任约翰吗?
玛丽:是的,他很信任约翰。

9. Sam: What does he want to do?
Jane: He wants to give John another promotion.

山姆 :他想做什么?
简:他想再次提升约翰。

10.Tom: When is the working time of the company?
Kathy: The working time of the company is usually from 9
o'clock in the morning to 6 o'clock in the evening.

汤姆 :这家公司的工作时间是怎么样的?
凯茜 :这家公司的工作时间通常是从早上九点到晚上六点。

11.Tom: Has John ever been late for his work?
Rose: No, John has never been late for his work.

汤姆:约翰上班迟到过吗?
罗斯:没有,约翰上班从不迟到。

12.Jim: Who does he always belong to?
Jane: He always belongs to those who are the last ones to leave
the office.
吉姆:他属于哪个人群?
简:他总是属于那些最后离开办公室的一族。

13.Lisa: Does John like his work?
Jack: Yes, he loves his work.

丽莎:约翰爱他的工作吗?
杰克:是的,约翰很爱他的工作。

14.Robert: Where does he get much fun?
Lily: He gets a lot of fun from what he is doing.

罗伯特:他从哪里获得很多的乐趣?
莉莉:他从工作中获得了很多的乐趣.

15.Jane: What is working?
Black: Working is a process of learning.

简:什么是工作?
布莱克:工作是学习的过程.

3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. John works in a big company.
travel agency.
news paper office.

约翰在一家 大公司 工作。
旅行社
报社
2. He works as a sales manager.
a doctor.
an engineerer.

他是一名 销售经理。
医生。
工程师。

3. He has been in this company for five years.
line
the department

他已经在 这家公司 工作五年了。
这个行业
这个部门

4. At first John served as a salesman.
reporter.
worker.
起初约翰是一名 销售人员。
          记者。
          工人。

5. He was promoted to be the manager two years after he came into the company.
transferred to another department
fired

在他进入公司两年后就 被提升为了经理。
           调到了另一个部门。
             解雇了。

6. He has been very diligent in his work.
intent
active

他工作一直很 勤勉。
         认真。
         积极。

7. Tom is the president of the company.
school.
country.
汤姆是 这家公司 的主席。
这个学校
这个国家

8. He trusts John very much.
his son
his friends

他很信任 约翰。
他的孩子。
他的朋友。

9. He wants to give John another promotion.
a surprise.
a gift.
他想 再次提升约翰。
   给约翰一个惊喜。
   送约翰一个礼物。

10. The working time of the company is usually from 9 o'clock in the morning to 6 o'clock in the evening.
from Monday to Friday.
from 8:30 to 5 o'clock every day.

公司的工作时间通常是 从早上九点到晚上六点。
            从周一到周五。
            每天的八点三十到五点。

11. John has never been late for his work.
an appointment.
his school.
约翰 上班 从没迟到过。
     约会
     上学

12. He always belongs to those who are the last ones to leave the office.
like fashionable things.
talk big.
他总是属于 最后离开办公室 一族。
追赶潮流
吹牛

13. John loves his work.
his study.
traveling.

约翰很爱 他的工作。
他的学习。
旅游。

14. He gets much fun from what he is doing.
various books.
his experiences.

他从 工作 中获得了很多的乐趣。
     各种书籍
     他的经历

15. Working is a process of learning.
getting knowledge.
improving oneself.

工作是 学习的 过程。
获取知识的
      提高自我的

4.Conversation 对话

1. Louise: How many people are there in your family?
Jack: There are three persons in my family. My parents and I.
Louise: What does your father do?
Jack: My father opened his own company 10 years ago.
Louise: My elder brother always dreams of being an entrepreneur, just like your father.
Jack: I believe anyone can make it if he tries hard.
Louise: Well, I think it still takes time and sometimes chances make the difference.

露易丝:你家里有多少人?
杰克 :我家有三口人。我的父母和我。
露易丝:你的父亲是做什么的?
杰克 :我父亲十年前办起了他自己的公司。
露易丝:我的哥哥就一直梦想成为像你父亲那样的企业家。
杰克 :我相信只要努力任何人都能成功的。
露易丝:哦,我觉得那需要时间,有时机遇也很重要。

2. Lisa: Hi! Fancy to meet you here.
Jim: Me too! How are things going with you?
Lisa: Very well. I am now working for a big company.
Jim: That's good.
Lisa: How about you?
Jim: I have changed three jobs and I am looking for the more suitable one.
Lisa: I wish you good luck.
Jim: Thanks a lot.

丽莎:你好!没想到在这里碰见了你。
吉姆:我也是!你过的怎么样?
丽莎:我很好。我现在一家大公司里上班。
吉姆:不错呀。
丽莎:你怎么样?
吉姆:我换了三份工作,还在找更适合我的工作。
丽莎:祝你好运!
吉姆:多谢你!

3. Tony: How's your new job?
Betty: That's great. I love it.
Tony: What do you do?
Betty: It's very simple, I just receive all sorts of phone calls.
Tony: Don't you feel it's a little dull?
Betty: Not at all. I am fond of talking with people by phone.

托尼:你的新工作如何?
贝蒂:太棒了。我非常喜欢。
托尼:你都做些什么?
贝蒂:很简单。接各种各样的电话。
托尼:你不觉得有点单调吗?
贝蒂:一点也不。我喜欢和人在电话里交流。

4. Peter: Quit? But why?
Jane: I like my job. But I haven't had any promotion since I started.
Peter: Good luck may come to you next time.
Jane: Who knows. I don't think there is any future for me in the current company.
Peter: I agree with you up to a point, but please think twice before you leap.
Jane: Thank you for your kindness. I'll think about it.

彼得 :要辞职?但是为什么呢?
简 :我热爱我的工作。但是从我开始工作以来就没有被提升过。
彼得:也许下次你就有好运气。
简:谁知道呢。我在现在的公司里看不到任何的前景。
彼得:在某些方面我同意你,但是你还是要三思而后行。
简:谢谢你的好意。我会考虑一下的。

5. Employer: Could you please tell me what's the requirement of being a qualified receptionist?
Interviewee: I think a qualified receptionist is supposed to be polite, cultivated and patient.
Employer: We don't want a teacher.
Interviewee: Enthusiastic and thoughtful.
Employer: No babysitter, either.
Interviewee: Don't tell me you want a psychologist,do you?
雇主:你能告诉我一个合格的接待员应该满足什么样的条件吗?
面试者:我觉得一个称职的接待员应该是有礼貌,有教养,有耐心的。
雇主:我们不想要个教师。
面试者:加上热情,考虑周到。
雇主:我们也不想要个保姆。
面试者:不要告诉我你们需要的是一个心理学家,是吗?

没有评论: