Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

Talk in American English 111-120

Dialog 111
Go to an university.
A: Do you have any catalogues from U.S. universities?
B: Yes, we have several. You may check in the reference stacks over there.
A: Can you recommend some universities with good graduate schools?
B: Well, generally in the U.S. each university has its own outstanding fields.
译文
A:你们有没有美国大学的概况手册?
B:我们有一些。你可以在那边参考书架查查看。
A:你能推荐一些设有好的研究所的大学吗?
B: 嗯,在美国,一般每所大学都有自己杰出的领域。

Dialog 112 On the campus.
A: How many hours are you taking this semester?
B: Eighteen, plus two hours of lab.
A: Do you have Professor Song this semester?
B: Yes, she's teaching me History of American Literature.
A: She's so tough. A lot of students flunked her course last semester.
B: Oh, yeah? I'd better watch out for her, then.
译文
A:这学期你选了多少小时的课?
B:十八小时,另加两堂实验课。
A:你这学期有没有选宋教授的课?
B:有,她教我美国文学史。
A:她很难缠啊。上学期她课上的好多学生不及格。
B: 噢,是吗?那我最好小心一点。

Dialog 113
How do you like the concert?
A: How do you like the rock concert?
B: I thought it was great! Madonna is my favorite rock star.
A: Her costumes are so unique and she performs with so much energy.
B: What about her songs? They're so upbeat and easy to dance to.
A: But I can't understand a single word she sings.
B: That's funny. Neither can I.
译文
A: 你认为这次的摇滚音乐会如何?
B: 我认为棒极了!麦当娜是我最喜欢的明星。
A: 她的服装真独特,而且表演充满活力。
B: 她的歌呢?她唱的歌很轻快而且容易合着节拍跳。
A: 但是我一个字也听不清她在唱什么。
B: 真好笑。我也是。

Dialog 114
Talking about the examination.
A: How did you do on the last quiz?
B: Not good. I doubt I passed.
A: Don't be so worried, Professor Robert is not too strict.
B: I hope so.
A: I hope you'll do better on the finals.
B: I must, if I want to pass the course.
译文
A:你最后一次小考怎么样?
B:不好。我怀疑我是否能及格。
A:别那么担心。罗伯特教授不是太严厉。
B:希望如此。
A:希望你期末考会好一点。
B:我一定要考好,如果我想通过这门课的话。

Dialog 115 In the library.
A: I'd like to return these books.
B: Let me see. These books are one week overdue. I'm sorry, but you'll have to pay a fine.
A: How much is it?
B: Just a second, please. Let me check. It comes to $2.00 altogether.
A: Can I renew this book for another week?
B: Certainly, unless some one has put a reserve on it.
译文
A:我想还这些书。
B:我看看。这些书过期一周了。对不起,你得交罚金。
A:多少?
B:请等一下,我查查看。总共两块。
A: 这本书我能续借一周吗?
B: 当然可以,除非有人预约了。


Dialog 116 An interview.
A: Tell me a little about yourself. And please don't be nervous.
B: Well, I was born in Beijing and went to school there through college. I came to the States in 1990 and earned my M.S. degree in electronics from USC.
A: Do you have any experience?
B: Yes, I worked for three years at a small computer firm.
A: I see. Why don't you have your credentials sent to me as soon as you can? You'll probably hear from us in about a week.
译 文
A:介绍一下自己。请不要紧张。
B:我在北京出生,在那儿一直到念完大学。1990年我来到美国,并在南加州大学拿到电子硕士学位。
A:你有工作经验吗?
B:有,我在一家小的电脑公司工作了三年。
A:我知道了。你何不尽快把你的各项证明交给我?你大约在一周左右会得到我们的通知。

Dialog 118
Working conditions.
A: How many hours a week do you work in the States?
B: Normally, forty hours a week from Monday through Friday. But working hours vary according to the company.
A: What if you work more than forty hours a week? Do you get paid?
B: Certainly. Most workers get paid by the hour and if you work more than forty hours or on weekends you get paid overtime.
A: That sounds a pretty fair system.
B: Except if you're in a high position. Most company executives cannot receive overtime pay.
译文
A:你们在美国一周工作几小时?
B:正常的工作时间是每周周一到周五总共40个小时。但是工作时间因公司而异。
A:如果超时怎么办?有钱领吗?
B:当然。大部分的员工都是按小时计酬,如果工作超过40个小时或周末上班,都可以拿到加班费。
A:那似乎是个公平的制度。
B:职位高的出外。大部分公司的经理是拿不到加班费的。

Dialog 119 In the office.
A: Miss Laura, I'm afraid there is a discrepancy in these figures.
B: Is there? There shouldn't be. I've checked them half a dozen times.
A: You see, this figure and this one on the other page don't match.
B: Yes, I see what you mean. I wonder what I did wrong?
A: Well, mistakes can happen. Would you look this over again, please?
B: Yes, certainly, sir. I'll report back to you as soon as I correct the figures.
译文
A:劳拉小姐,恐怕这些数字有矛盾的地方。
B:有吗?应该不会吧。我检查过六次。
A:你看,这个数和另一页的数不符。
B:哦,我明白你的意思了。奇怪,我哪儿错了呢?
A:嗯,错误是难免的。请你再检查一遍好吗?
B:好的,当然。数字改好之后我会立刻交给你。

Dialog 120
About the salary.
A: I don't know how to tell you this, but...I think I've been underpaid all these years. I believe I deserve a higher salary.
B: Oh? How much do you think you are worth?
A: About fifty dollars a week more than I'm making now.
B: What? Fifty dollars? I can only give you twenty-dollar raise. Will that satisfy you?
A: It comes closer to insulting me. Well, I think I have to consider if I should stay here any longer.
B: Well, It's a decision you'll have to make for yourself.
译文
A: 我不知道怎么跟你说,但是……,我想我这些年的薪水太低了。我想我应该拿更高的薪水。
B:哦?你认为你应该拿多少?
A:比现在每周多五十元左右。
B:什么?五十元?我只能给你多加20元。这样你满意吗?
A:这简直是侮辱我。我想我得考虑是否再留在这儿。
B:嗯,这个问题要你自己决定。

没有评论: