Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

疯狂美语口语绝招之分类篇2

1.Greeting 打招呼
Good morning!
早上好!

Hello!
你好!

How's everything?
一切都好吗?

It's good to see you.
见到你真好。

How are you getting along?
你近况如何?

How are you?
你好吗?

How are you doing?
近来怎么样?

I haven't seen you for ages.
好久不见了。

It's been a long time.
好久不见了。

Hi!
嗨!

What's new?
近况怎样?

What's up?
你在忙些什么?

What's going on?
近来怎么样?

How's life treating you?
你过得怎么样?

Long time no see.
好久不见。

Hey, how's it going?
嘿,日子过得怎样?

How's life?
生活过得好吗?

How are things?
近来怎样?

You're looking chipper this morning.
你今天早上看起来容光焕发。

How do you do?
您好!

Have you been well?
你好吗?

How have you been?
你过得怎么样?

I'mvery happy to see you.
很高兴见到你。

It's always a pleasure to see you.
见到你很荣幸。

You're looking well today.
你今天气色很好。

I'm glad to see you again.
我很高兴又见到你。

2. Introductions 介绍
Meet my friend Jay.
来认识一下我的朋友杰。

I'd like you to meet Kate.
我想你来认识一下凯特。

Jennifer, this is Tim.
詹妮弗,这是蒂姆。

Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。

I don't think we've met yet. My name is Anne.
我们好象还没见过面。我的名字叫安娜。

Hello, I'm Charles.
你好,我叫查尔斯。

Sorry, I didn't catch your name.
对不起,我没有听清楚你的名字。

You must be William.
你一定是威廉吧。

I've heard so much about you.
你的大名如雷贯耳。

Good to meet you.
很高兴认识你。

What's your name?
你叫什么名字?

John, Marie. Marie, John.
约翰,这是玛丽。玛丽,这是约翰。

Happy to know you.
认识你很高兴。

So, who are you?
请问,你是谁?

I don't think I've seen you around here.
我想我以前在这没见过你。

Tell me something about yourself.
介绍一下你自己吧。

So, what's your story?
那么,讲讲你的情况好吗?

What do you do?
你是干那一行的?

Allow me to introduce Mr. Adams to you.
请让我介绍你认识亚当斯先生。

May I have the pleasure of introducing Mrs. Butler to you?
我介绍你认识波特勒夫人好吗?

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Allan Brooks.
请允许我介绍一下我自己。我叫阿伦·布鲁克斯。

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
很荣幸认识你。

It's a pleasure to meet you.
很荣幸见到你。

I'm delighted to meet you.
很高兴认识你。

Excuse me, are you Mr. Rodgers?
对不起,你是罗杰斯先生吗?

3.Invitations 邀请
What do you say about getting together sometime?
找个时间聚会一下怎么样?

Are you free tomorrow afternoon?
你明天下午有空吗?

Shall we go for a walk?
我们一起去散步好吗?

How would you like to see a movie next week?
你下星期想不想去看电影?

Come over for dinner next Friday.
下星期五过来一起吃晚饭。

Will you go with me to the basketball game?
跟我一起去看篮球赛好吗?

Can you join us for drinks after dinner?
晚饭后跟我们一起去喝一杯好吗?

We're getting together next weekend. I'll call you to let you know all the details.
我们下个周末聚会。我会打电话告诉你详情。

Are you busy next Sunday evening? I'd like to invite you for dinner.
你下星期天晚上有空吗?我想请你吃晚饭。

What about next week? How about joining me for coffee at my house?
下个星期怎么样?到我家里来喝杯咖啡好吗?

Let's go catch a movie.
我们去看场电影吧。

Can I buy you a drink?
能请你喝一杯吗?

Come on. Why not go?
走吧。干吗不去呢?

Let's make a day of it.
让我们痛痛快快地玩一天。

You've got to come. I won't take no for an answer.
你一定得来。我不想听到你说不。

Just drop by when you have the time.
有空请随时来坐一坐。

Come over and join us.
过来加入我们吧。

It's just a casual evening among friends. No need to call ahead, just come over.
这不过是一个朋友间的临时聚会。不必预先打电话来,过来参加就是了。

I'd like to extend an invitation to you and your family for dinner.
我想邀请您和您的家人吃晚饭。

I'd be delighted if you would attend.
如果你能出席,我将会非常高兴。

Would you give me the honor of your company next Friday evening?
下个星期五晚上我能有幸与你一起度过吗?

It would be my pleasure to have you come for a visit next summer.
如果下个夏天你能来访,我将非常高兴。

You and your family are always welcome in our home.
我们家随时欢迎你和你的家人来访。

I was wondering if you would possibly be free this weekend. I would like to spend an evening with you.
不知这个周末您是否有空。我想与你共度一晚。

I'd love to have you come for lunch this Thursday.
这个星期四我想请你过来吃午饭。

4. Instruction 指示

Let me show you what to do.
让我教你该干什么。

This is how you do it.
你应该这样做。

First you plug it in. Then you adjust the power.
首先把插头插上,然后调节电源。

Make sure you've read the directions carefully.
你一定要仔细阅读说明书。

OK, listen to my instructions. Don't make me repeat myself.
好的,听我的指示。我可不想重复说过的话。

Look, all you have to do is twist this knob to the right.
看着,你要做的只是将这个旋纽拧到右边。

Well, first you have to set it to the right temperature, but be careful you don't get burned.
首先,你得将它设定在恰当的温度上,但要留神别烫伤了自己。

It's not very complicated, you just have to adjust the color and volume.
这并不很复杂,你只要调节颜色和音量就行了 。

All you have to do is lift the switch.
你要做的只是拉起开关。

Now, click on the file you want to open.
现在,点击你想打开的文件。

Just insert the disk. Are you with me?
将磁盘插进去。你明白我的话吗?

Once you've done this step, it's a piece of cake.
一旦你完成了这一步骤,这就将易如反掌。

Have you got it? Put your money in first, then make the call.
你明白了吗?先将钱放进去,然后才打电话。

This isn't rocket science, here, let me show you.
这可不是什么高科技。看着,我来教你。

Just follow my lead.
跟着我的引导就行了。

Just do what I do.
跟着我做就是了。

Let me show you how it's done.
让我示范给你看这是怎么一回事。

It's not as easy as it looks. You need finesse, not strength.
这并不是看上去那么容易。你需要的是技巧,不是力量。

The following procedure should be adopted.
应该采用以下的步骤。

You should adopt standard operating procedures.
你应该采用标准的操作程序。

Follow the directions with great care.
要非常小心遵循说明书的要求去做。

You should adopt a precise method to complete the project.
你应该采用一种精确的方法来完成这一方案。

A detailed analysis of the situation should yield the correct result.
对形势的详尽分析将会带来正确的结果。

If you are attentive and perceptive, you can learn to do this as well as I can.
如果你专心而又有理解力,你就会象我一样能学会做这件事。

Don't you think it would be better to do it this way?
你认为这样做是否会好些?

5. Decision 决定

I've decided to take the job.
我已决定接受这项工作。

I've made up my mind. I'm moving next month.
我已作出决定。下个月我将搬走。

My decision is final.
这是我最后的决定。

I'm not changing my mind.
我不会改变主意。

I feel like I've made the right choice.
我觉得我作出了正确的选择。

Don't argue. I've already decided.
不要争论了。我已经决定了。

My heart is set on it.
关于这件事我主意已定。

The decision is made.
决定已经出来了。

You can't say anything to change my mind.
无论你说什么,也不能改变我的决定。

It's useless to argue.
争论是徒劳的。

It's written in stone. That's my final decision.
这是不可改变的。那是我的最后决定。

Don't even think about trying to change my mind.
要想改变我的决定是不可能的。

It's not negotiable. I've decided.
这不容商量。我已经决定了。

I'm going to go for it.
我将会追求下去。

There's no stopping me. I'm going all the way.
没有什么能阻挡我。我将一直走下去。

I'm going to hold back on this one.
在这一问题上我将有所保留。

I've decided to wait it out.
我已决定一直等下去。

There's not a doubt in my mind.
我心中没有丝毫的怀疑。

I intend to follow through with my decision.
我打算坚持我的决定。

It is my intention to leave a week earlier.
我的意图是提早一周离开。

I can't say that I've entirely decided as yet.
我不能说我已经完全决定下来了。

I will inform you of my decision at the earliest opportunity.
我将尽早告诉你我的决定。

I've decided in favor of your proposal.
我已决定支持你的提议。

I look forward to hearing your decision.
我盼望着你的决定。

I am determined to accept the proposal.
我决心接受这个提议。

6. Anticipation 期待

I'm looking forward to the weekend. It should be a lot of fun.
我盼望着这个周末的到来。它一定会很有趣。

I can't wait for tonight.
我盼望今晚早点到来。

I've been looking forward to it for a while.
我盼望它的到来已经有一段时间了。

I can hardly wait.
我简直等不及了。

Let me tell you, it's worth the wait.
说真的,这值得等待。

Some things are worth waiting for.
有些事情是值得等待的。

I can hardly contain my excitement.
我简直不能控制我激动的心情。

I'm excited about what might happen this week.
想到这一周将要发生的事情,我很激动。

It should be an exciting evening.
这应该是一个激动人心的夜晚。

I don't know if I can wait much longer.
我简直是等不及了。

I'm counting the seconds until the weekend.
我一分一秒的数着,盼望周末早日到来。

This is going to be a night to remember.
这将是一个值得纪念的晚上。

It's going to be an unforgettable experience.
这将是一个难忘的经历。

You are not going to believe how great tonight is going to be.
你一定不相信,今晚将是如此的精彩。

It's going to be a sight to see.
这将是值得一看的风景。

She's always full of surprises. We'll have to wait and see what tricks she has up her sleeves.
她总是充满惊奇。我们得等一下,看她又有什么新花招。

Don't hold your breath. We're going to have to wait a while.
别紧张了。我们还得再等一会。

I can't stand it. The anticipation is killing me!
我受不了了。这种盼望简直要了我的命!

I look forward to the outing with great anticipation.
我热切盼望着郊游的到来。

I very much look forward to the pleasure of your company tomorrow night.
我非常盼望明晚与你共度良宵。

The evening should be very enjoyable.
这个夜晚应该是非常令人愉快的。

I have high hopes for the conference and I look forward to attending.
我对这次会议寄予厚望,盼望着能早日出席。

I anticipate no difficulties that might interfere with our plans.
我希望没有困难能妨碍我们的计划。

I await your answer with great anticipation.
我热切地盼望着你的回答。

No one could have anticipated such an event.
没有人能想到会发生这样的事件。


7. Persuasion 劝说

How can I persuade you to change your mind?
我怎样才能说服你改变你的主意呢?

Can I convince you to stay?
我能说服你留下来吗?

I want to try and convince you that I'm right.
我想努力说服你我是对的。

Your argument is not very persuasive.
你的论点不够说服力。

Convince me that you're right.
试试说服我你是对的

You're very persuasive.
你很善于说服人。

It's hard to argue with your reasoning.
要想对你的论证提出异议是困难的。

Let me try and change your mind.
让我努力改变你的想法。

You've got a convincing argument.
你有很有力的论据。

You won't get far with that line of reasoning.
朝着那个方向推理,你是行不通的。

Come on. Do yourself a favor.
来吧。帮你自己一个忙。

It's not as if you have a lot of other choices.
看上去你并没有太多别的选择。

Just listen to what I have to say.
听听我要说的话吧。

Don't be so stubborn. Just listen to my argument.
不要这么固执。听听我的观点吧。

Hear me out.
听我说完。

I can't argue with that.
我无法反驳那件事。

What do you say? Have I convinced you?
你说什么?我已经使你信服了吗?

Don't make it difficult for yourself. Listen to me.
听我说,不要自找麻烦。

If you listen carefully to all my arguments, I'm sure you will find me very persuasive.
如果你仔细聆听我全部的观点,我相信你会觉得我很有说服力。

It will take a great deal of convincing for me to change my mind.
要想我改变主意,得花大力气来说服我。

I think I could be persuaded, but please present your arguments again.
我想我可能会被说服,但请你将你的论据再说一遍。

You could be passing up a great opportunity. Consider changing your mind.
你可能会错过一个大好机会。考虑改变你的立场吧。

I suggest you give my proposal a great deal of thought. I think it would be an excellent chance for you.
我建议你对我的提议充分加以考虑。我认为这对你来说是个极佳的机会。

Do you think there is a chance that you could be persuaded to change your mind?
你觉得你有可能被人说服,以至改变自己的决定吗?

I see that you are someone who can only be persuaded with sound arguments.
我看得出,只要有合理的论据,你这个人是可以被说服的。

8.Comparison 比较

Compared with her older sister, Rebecca is not as outgoing.
跟她的姐姐相比,雷比卡不大喜欢与人交往。

On the one hand I enjoy the conveniences of the city, on the other, I really appreciate the quiet life in the countryside.
一方面我喜欢 城市的各种便利条件,另一方面,我也很欣赏乡村的宁静生活。

I enjoyed the performance last night, but it can't compare with the one we saw the week before.
我喜欢昨天晚上的表演,但是它远远比不上前星期我们看过的表演。

He is taller than his friend, but not as quick.
他比他的朋友高,但不如他的朋友敏捷。

While Susan is good at science and math, Josh is best at language and history.
苏珊擅长自然科学和数学,而约瑟语言和历史学得最好。

It is hard to decide between them. They both gave similar performances.
要在他们两人中作出决定很难,因为他们的表演类似。

There is no competition. James is clearly better than the others.
简直没得比。很明显詹姆斯比其他人要好。

Both of the candidates are close together in the polls. It is not until closer to the election that one will pull ahead of the other.
两位候选人在民意测验中的得票相当接近。要一直等到大选临近其中一位才可能会领先另一位。

I feel terrible, but I'm not quite as sick as I was last week.
我感觉很糟糕,但我已经没有上星期病得那么厉害。

This has been our best year yet.
这是我们最好的一年。

She pales in comparison with you.
她与你相比显得黯然失色。

You're going to outshine the rest.
你会使其他人显得相形见绌。

You can't compare apples and oranges.
苹果和橙一点也不象,是没法比的。

They're as alike as two peas in a pod.
他们非常相象,就象一个豆荚里的两颗豌豆。

He's the spitting image of his father.
他简直就是他父亲的翻版。

Like mother, like daughter.
有其母,必有其女。

He stands head and shoulders above the rest.
他与其他人相比显得鹤立鸡群。

They're as different as night and day.
他们完全不同,就象白天与黑夜的差别一样。

If we compare these two examples, we will find many similarities.
如果我们比较这两个例子,我们将会发现许多相似之处。

They are, perhaps, similar in content, but not in form.
也许它们在内容上是相似的,但形式上是不同的。

Their differences become obvious once we examine them both carefully.
当我们对它们两者进行仔细的检验,他们之间的差异就显得很明显。

I would prefer a quiet evening at home as opposed to spending my time in the company of many people.
我宁愿在家里度过一个安静的夜晚,也不想在一大群人的陪伴中度过我的时间。

Loud music always bothers you much more than it does me.
强劲的音乐对你的烦扰比对我要大得多。

It is hard to compare two people who have such striking differences.
要比较两个有着如此显著差别的人是很困难的。

I enjoy the opera thoroughly, but I will always prefer the symphony.
我很欣赏那出歌剧,但我从来都是更喜欢交响乐。

9. Request 请求
I would like to make a request.
我想提出个请求。

Would you mind not smoking?
请你不要抽烟好吗?

Can you open the window for me?
你可以替我把窗户打开吗?

Can you do me a favor?
能帮我个忙吗?

Could you give me a ride to the train station?
你能用车载我到火车站吗?

Can you drop this by the post office for me?
你能替我在邮局把这寄出去吗?

Can you get that box down from the top shelf? I can't quite reach it.
你能从最高的架子上把那只盒子取下来吗?我够不着。

Would you check and see if there are any more in stock?
你能否检查一下,看看是否还有存货?

Would you be able to water my plants while I'm on vacation this week?
这个星期我去度假的时候你可否替我给花草浇水?

Can you please shut the door? It's getting cold.
请你关上门好吗?天气变冷了。

I'm short of money. Can you spot me a loan?
我缺钱。你能借点给我吗?

I could use some extra help these days. What do you say?
最近我需要一些额外的帮助。你同意吗?

It wouldn't kill you to pick up after yourself now and then.
你怎么就不时而的自己搞搞卫生呢。

Can you give me a lift into town?
我能搭你的顺风车进城吗?

Can you cover me for lunch? I left my wallet at the office.
你可以替我付午餐的帐吗?我把钱包忘在办公室了。

Can you take your shoes off before you come in the house?
你进屋前把鞋子脱掉好吗?

Slow down. You're driving much too fast.
慢点。你开得太快。

Can I have a look at the pictures from your trip?
我可以看看你旅行拍的照片吗?

Your presence is requested for dinner next Wednesday evening.
请您出席下个星期三晚上的宴会。

I would like to request for a book through inter-library loan.
我想通过馆际互借方式借一本书。

Please honor my requests. I do not think that I am asking too much.
请认真考虑我的请求。我不认为我的要求太过分。

My requests are all reasonable. I expect them to be fulfilled.
我所有的要求都是合理的。我希望它们都能得到满足。

Would it be too much trouble to request you to meet our party at the airport when I arrive?
请你在我到达时在机场迎接我们一帮人,不知这样的请求会不会给你添很多麻烦?

It would be a great favor to me if you could manage to attend the event tonight.
如果您能设法出席今晚的活动,我将感到非常高兴。

Is it asking too much if I request you to do a couple of errands for me on your way to work today?
我想请求你今天在上班的路上替我办几件差事,不知这样的要求是否过分?

10. Urge 催促
You'd better take my advice.
你最好接受我的建议。

I urge you to consider the offer.
我劝你认真考虑这个提议。

If I were you, I wouldn't be so careless.
如果我是你,我就不会这样疏忽。

I urge you to be more cautious.
我劝你要警觉些。

I have the urge to see my hometown again.
我有再看看故乡的强烈愿望。

She's always falling behind and he's always urging her on again.
她总是掉队,而他总是敦促她继续前进。

It's urgent that I see you as soon as possible.
我必须尽早与你见面。

When the children got tired, their mother urged them on with encouraging words.
当孩子们累了,他们的母亲用鼓励的话催促他们坚持下去。

It's tempting to listen to her urgings and do just as she says.
听她的劝说并照她说的去做是一件很吸引人的事。

I feel the urge to be outside when spring comes again.
当春天再次降临,我感到了要到户外去的冲动。

Take your time. There's no urgent need.
慢慢来。没有紧急的需要。

If I were in your shoes, I'd go ahead and tell him the bad news.
如果我是你,我会将坏消息直接告诉他。

I'm going to have to insist.
我将不得不坚持己见。

Stop urging me to do something I'm not comfortable doing.
不要催促我做一些我不喜欢做的事情。

Your insistent urging isn't going to work. I'm not going to do it.
你坚持不懈的的敦促是不会有效的。我是不会做这件事的。

This means a lot to me. I'm pleading with you.
这对我意义重大。我恳求你了。

I'm begging you to at least give it some thought.
我恳求你至少对此加以考虑。

I have an urge to cut loose.
我有一种摆脱束缚的强烈愿望。

I urge you to exercise greater caution.
我力劝你更加谨慎行事。

You seem to be unaware of how urgent the situation is.
你好象没有意识到形势是多么的急迫。

I would urge you to follow through with your original plan.
我将敦促你实行你的原计划。

I hate to be so forceful, but I urge you to do what's best.
我不想这样咄咄逼人,但我敦促你做最有益的事情。

We haven't much time. I urge you to hurry.
我们时间不多。我劝你快点。

We are in dire need of your assistance. I urge you to lend us your aid.
我们极需要你的帮助。我敦促你向我们伸出援助之手。

An urge to improve society led me into politics.
改变社会的强烈愿望使我投身到政治当中。

11. Permission 许可

Would you mind if I left a little early?
你介意我早点离开吗?

I was wondering if I could borrow this book.
我不知道是否能借这本书。

Is it all right if I make a phone call?
我打个电话行吗?

Do you mind if I come in a little late tomorrow?
如果我明天晚点来你介意吗?

Would it be possible for me to borrow your car for the afternoon?
我可以借你的车用一个下午吗?

Can I leave the class? I'm not feeling very well.
我可以不上课吗?我觉得不大舒服。

Is there any way I could attend the meeting on Friday?
我有可能参加星期五的会议吗?

Would it bother you if I smoke?
如果我抽烟会打扰你吗?

Could I turn off the light now?
我现在可以关灯了吗?

Would you mind if I turn on the radio?
你介意我打开收音机吗?

Can I leave?
我可以走了吗?

Are you using this?
你在用着这个吗?

Do you have a phone I can use?
我可以用一下你的电话吗?

What about your house? Can we use it for the party?
你的房子呢?我们可以用它来开晚会吗?

When can I get on your computer?
我什么时候可以用你的电脑?

It's really cold in here. Can I turn up the heat?
这里的确很冷。我可以打开暖气吗?

Are you busy tomorrow? I'd like to borrow your car.
你明天有空吗?我想借用你的车。

Are you going to finish that last piece of pizza? Do you mind if I eat it?
你将会吃完最后那块比萨饼吗?你不介意我把 它吃掉吧?

Excuse me, I apologize for being late. May I enter the class now?
对不起,我为迟到而道歉。我现在可以进课室吗?

May I please be excused? I have an appointment. I have to go to.
请你谅解好吗?我有一个约会,我得走了。

May I be excused from class this morning?
我今天早上可以请假不上课吗?

Sir, is there any possible way you could refrain from smoking inside the car?
先生,你能想办法在车里不吸烟吗?

Would it be too much to ask you to open a window? I need a little fresh air.
不知请你打开窗户这个要求是否过分?我需要一点新鲜空气。

I hate to trouble you, but could I possibly leave a little early this afternoon?
我不想麻烦您,但我可以在今天下午早点离开吗?

I'm sorry to be so troublesome, but could I please borrow your dictionary again today?
对不起,给你添麻烦了,但今天我可以再借用你的字典吗?
12. Explanation 解释
I feel like I owe you some sort of an explanation for my behavior.
我觉得我需要就我的行为向你作出某种解释。

I'd like to explain my reasons for saying so.
我想解释我这样说的原因。

I have plenty of reasons.
我有充足的理由。

Let me explain what I mean.
让我解释我的意图。

I think you have a lot of explaining to do.
我认为你要进行大量的解释。

There's got to be an explanation for this.
对此必须作出一个解释。

Let me explain my reasoning.
让我解释我的推论。

I think the reason he's been so tired recently is because he's been overworked.
我认为他最近如此疲惫的原因是因为他一直工作过度。

Your headaches are probably due to the change in the weather.
你头疼的原因也许是因为天气变化。

It's the only possible explanation.
这是唯一可能的解释。

Maybe you could clear something up for me.
也许你可以为我澄清一些事情。

Explain to me your train of thought.
解释你的思路给我听。

This situation is so strange. It's beyond explanation.
这一情形如此古怪,简直无法解释。

You're not going to use that tired explanation, are you?
你不会用那个老掉牙的解释吧?

I can explain myself.
我可以解释清楚。

Why are you doing this?
你为什么要做这件事?

I'll explain the way things are.
我会解释事情的来龙去脉。

Let me tell you how it is.
让我告诉你是怎么回事。

A simple explanation would suffice.
一种简单解释就够了。

Can you offer an explanation for your tardiness?
你能够就你的延迟作出解释吗?

Scientific explanations offer an alternative to superstition.
科学的解释为破除迷信提供了一种途径。

I'd like to clarify my position.
我想澄清我的立场。

I don't want to have to go into lengthy explanations.
我不想进行长篇大论的解释。

I will state my reasons clearly.
我将清楚地阐明我的理由。

There must be some rational explanation for his strange behavior.
关于他的古怪行为,一定有某种合理的解释。

13. Inquiring 查询

I'd like to inquire about the job for sales manager.
我想询问一下销售经理这个职位的情况。

I'm inquiring about the house that's for sale.
我在查询那间要出售的房子的情况。

I've been asking what people think about the proposal.
我一直在询问人们对这个提议的看法。

I'd like to ask about the price.
我想询问一下价格。

I've been asking a lot of questions.
我询问了许多问题。

I'm curious about what you're going to do all your free time this summer.
我很想知道这个夏天你在空余时间里将干些什么。

I'd really like to know what you're thinking right now.
我真的很想知道你现在的想法。

Can you tell me about what kind of neighborhood this is?
你能告诉我这个街区的情况吗?

I'd like some information about your products.
我想了解一下你们的产品情况。

Could you let me know about what you think the outcome will be?
你能告诉我你认为会有怎样一个结果吗?

I'm asking around.
我只是问一问。

What's on your mind?
你有什么看法?

A penny for your thoughts.
你在呆呆地想什么。

Tell me what you know.
告诉我你知道的。

I'll give a lot to know what exactly you're up to.
我真的很想知道你到底要干什么。

Can you tell me what's up?
你能告诉我发生了什么事吗?

What do I have to do?
我得怎么办呢?

I'll see what I can find out for you.
我会尽力为你了解一些情况。

Inquiries are being made into the matter.
正在对此事进行查询。

I would like to inquire after her health.
我想询问她的健康情况。

I would like to inquire about the possibilities for advancement within the company.
我想询问在公司里是否有升职的可能。

Can I inquire about your reasons for being so obstinate?
我可以询问一下你如此固执己见的原因吗?

And how is your mother? Is she well?
你的母亲怎么样?她还好吗?

May I inquire when she might return?
我可以查询一下她什么时候回来吗?

An inquiry will be made to determine her guilt or innocence.
将进行一项调查,以决定她是否有罪。

14. Order 命令
Leave me alone.
别管我。

Don't go in there.
不要走进那里。

Go to your room.
到你的房间去。

Leave your belongings at the front desk.
将你的财物放在前面的桌子上。

I want it done by Monday at the latest.
我要求这最迟要在星期一前完成。

Leave everything to me.
将一切交给我吧。

Come inside before you catch a cold.
快进来,不要着凉了。

Take your shoes off before you come in the house.
进屋前把鞋子脱掉。

Don't touch anything.
不要碰任何东西。

Shut the door when you leave.
走的时候把门关上。


Get in here! What are you waiting for?
近来吧!你还在等什么呢?

Get on with it! I haven't got all day.
赶快吧!我可没这么多闲工夫。

Calm down! You're making me nervous.
镇定下来!你这样使我很不安。

Pull yourself together! There's no need to get hysterical.
控制住你自己! 没有必要歇斯底里的。

Take a seat.
坐下。

Get out of here. I don't want to see you around here anymore.
滚出去。我再也不想看到你在这里出现。

Listen up! I don't want to have to repeat myself.
听着!我不想重复自己说过的话。

Slow down! You're going to get a ticket.
慢点!你会买到票的。


You are required to appear before a judge two weeks from now.
你必须在两个星期内到一名法官前报到。

Fill out the appropriate forms and return them to my desk.
将相关的表填好,并将它们交到我的桌子上。

Remain in your seats until the vehicle has reached a complete stop.
坐在座位上,直到车完全停止。

Refrain from smoking during the flight.
飞行期间不准吸烟。

Do you intend to pay for that broken vase?
你打算为那只打烂的花瓶赔偿吗?

Write in ink, not in pencil.
用钢笔写,不要用铅笔。

Take this down to the office on the fourth floor.
将这个拿到四楼的办公室去。

15. Threat 威胁
You're going to be sorry you said that.
你会为你说了这话而后悔的。

I'm not used to being treated this way, and believe me I'm not going to let it go by.
我不习惯别人这样对待我,相信我吧,我不会就这样算了的。

You're wrong if you think I'm going to forget about what you've done.
如果你认为我会忘记你做的事情,那你就错了。

I can make life very difficult for you.
我可以使你的日子很难过。

Don't think that I'm just going to sit here and take this.
你别以为我会一声不响的就这么忍受着。

You're making me very angry.
你使我感到很愤怒。

This is your final warning.
这是对你的最后警告。

Do you have any idea what I can do to you?
你想得到我能拿你怎么样吗?

It's only a matter of time until I figure out how to get even with you.
我一定会想到怎样与你平起平坐的办法的。这不过是个时间问题。

You're going to wish you had never met me.
你一定会后悔碰见我的。

I'm not going to let you get away with this.
我不会放过你的。

You're not going to walk away from this so easily.
你不会这样轻易从这件事脱身的。

If you think I'm going to let you off, you've got another thing coming.
如果你认为我会放过你,你的麻烦就更大了。

You're messing with the wrong person.
你找岔,可找错了对象。

I'm not the kind of person to mess around with.
我可不是那种好惹的人。

I'm not going to let you have an easy time of it.
我这次不会让你日子好过。

I'm going to be on you like white on rice.
我会寸步不离地盯着你。

You're making a big mistake.
你大错特错了。

I am planning on taking legal action against you.
我计划对你采取法律行动。

If you do not comply I will have to report your activities to the authorities.
如果你不依从,我将不得不把你的行为向上级汇报。

It would be wise for you to do as I say if you do not want to suffer any consequences.
如果你不想有什么不良的后果,你按照我的话去做是明智的。

There will be repercussions for your behavior.
你的行为一定会引起回应的。

It will be impossible for me to let your actions go by unnoticed. I will have to report you to the police.
要我对你的行为视而不见是不可能的。我将不得不向警察举报你。
Don't underestimate my ability to make your life uncomfortable.
不要低估了我让你的日子难过的能力。
You shouldn't have ignored my warnings.
你不应该不理睬我的警告。

16. Reproach 责备
I can't believe you would be so careless.
我真不敢相信你是如此大意。
I blame you for getting us into this situation.
使我们卷入这样的形势,我得怪你。
Can't you see that you're the one responsible for all this trouble?
你难道看不出来,正是你造成了所有这些麻烦吗?
You're the one who should feel guilty, not me.
要感到内疚的是你,不是我。
You're to blame for all this.
所有这些都是你的错。
If you're looking for someone to blame, you don't have to look any further than yourself.
你如果要找个人来怪罪的话,不用找别人,怪你自己好了。
Don't you feel any remorse?
你难道不感到自责吗?
I thought I could trust you.
我原以为可以信任你。
You lied to me.
你竟对我撒谎。
I can't believe I ever trusted someone like you.
我真不敢相信我竟信任象你这样的人。

You're really screwed up this time.
你这次的确弄得一团糟。
You're in for it now.
你现在是骑虎难下。
You've really let me down this time.
你这次真的令我很失望。
You weren't there for me.
你令我失望。
You had me fooled.
你把我骗了。
You've ruined everything!
你把一切都弄糟了!
Don't you know when to quit?
你难道不认为你该停手了吗?
Don't you think you've done enough?
你难道不认为你该收手了吗?

I never would have thought you could be so untrustworthy.
我从来都没有想到你是如此的靠不住。
I never heard of anything so low.
我从未听过如此卑劣的事情。
You deceived me.
你欺骗了我。
You have done irreparable damage.
你造成了不可弥补的损失。
Have you no shame?
你不感到羞愧吗?
You've brought me nothing but misery since the day we met.
自从我们认识那天起,你带给我的只有痛苦。
I expected so much better from you.
你令我大失所望。

17. Dispute 争辩
Let's not argue. We both know I'm right.
咱们别争了。我们俩都知道我是对的。
I'm the one who found it first, so stop trying to take it away from me.
是我先找到的,所以别想把它从我这儿带走。
Can you see how wrong you are?
你看不出你错得有多厉害吗?
That's not true. You're making a mistake.
那不是真的。你弄错了
No, it's just the opposite.
不,恰好相反。
I really can't agree.
我的确不能同意。
I disagree.
我不同意。
No, I don't think so at all. Can't you see it from this point of view?
不,我可不这样看。你难道不能从这个角度去看吗?
I don't agree. Your argument is not very good.
我不同意。你的论据不很好。
I disagree with you entirely.
我完全不同意你的看法。

You've got to be joking. I couldn't disagree with you more.
你一定是在开玩笑。我根本不同意你的看法。
I'm not going to buy that argument for a minute.
我根本不会接受那个论点。
We're never going to get anywhere arguing like this.
我们这样争辩下去是永远也不会有结果的。
You can't seriously expect me to take your word for it.
你不会当真期望我会相信你说的话吧。
Not so fast. I'm not going to let you walk in here and take what's mine without putting up a fight.
慢着。我不会就这样让你走进这里,然后轻而易举地把我的东西带走。
I'm afraid you're wrong there.
恐怕你那里弄错了。
I wouldn't go along with you there.
在那点上我与你不一致。
You can't really mean that.
你不是真的这样认为吧。


I'm inclined to disagree with that.
我倾向于反对那个观点。
I'm not really sure that you're right.
我真的不敢肯定你是对的。
Consider the situation from my point of view.
从我的角度考虑这一情形吧。
I'm not so sure about that. I think you're being a bit hasty.
对此我不大肯定。我认为你有点过急了。
I wouldn't accept that for one minute.
我根本不会接受那个观点。
Well, you should really look at both sides of the argument.
好了,你应该对论点的正反两面都进行观察。
I'm tired of debating you on this point.
在这一点上我已厌倦与你争论。

18. Reasoning 推理
I am sure I can figure it out if you just give me a minute.
如果你给我一点时间,我一定能把它想出来。
There's got to be a reason for all these.
所有这些一定是有理由的。
Let me think carefully about it.
让我仔细考虑一下。
Just let me reason with you.
让我与你说说理。
I know I can come up with an answer if I think about it.
我知道如果我认真思考,我是能够找到答案的。
I'll give it some thought.
我会考虑一下。
Think about it. You don't have any good reasons for your opinion.
想一想吧。你没有任何有力的理由支持你的看法。
Let's try and think of a way out of here.
让我们试试从这里入手想出个办法。
There's no need to look it up in the book if we just use common sense.
没有必要去查书,我们只需运用常识。
There must be many ways to solve this problem.
一定有许多方法可以解决这个问题。


Use your head.
动动脑子。
It doesn't make sense to me. I can't follow your reasons.
这对我来说很不合理。我不能理解你的推论。
I just put two and two together. It wasn't that hard to figure out.
我只是把两者相加。想出这个办法并不难。
I saw the writing on the wall. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what's going on.
我看到了写在墙上的东西。要明白这是怎么回事并不需要高深的知识。
There's got to be a way out of this mess.
肯定能找到一个方法来解决这种混乱局面。
What an idiot I am! Of course, I should have seen it from the start. The answer is obvious.
我真是个大傻瓜!我应该从一开始就看出来才对。答案是很明显的。
I'm a genius! I knew I'd got it right.
我是个天才呢!我早知道我做对了。
This is a tough nut to crack. It's going to take some time to figure out.
这是一件棘手的事。要花些时间才能想出来。


I can deduce the correct answer from the information provided.
从提供的信息中我可以推理出正确的答案。
A logical method will yield the correct result.
一种合乎逻辑的方法将会带来正确的结果。
A rational explanation can be found if we use common sense.
如果我们利用常识,就可以找到一种合理的解释。
Let us try to find a solution to this problem.
让我们努力去找出解决这个问题的方法。
I can only formulate a reason according to the facts at hand.
根据手头的事实,我只能阐明一种原因。
I can theorize about what might have happened, but I suppose no one will ever know for sure.
我只能就可能发生的事情进行总结推理,但我认为没有人肯定地知道到底发生了什么事情。
Remember this is only speculation, but I think my reasoning is sound.
记住这只是一种推测,但我认为我的论证是合理的。

19. Offer 提供
I'd like to offer you a chance to change your mind.
我想提供一个给你改变立场的机会。
It's an offer you would be wise to consider.
你对这个提议加以考虑是明智之举。
I'm offering you a great opportunity.
我正给你提供一个极好的机会。
Maybe I can convince you to stay if I offer you a few more incentives.
如果我向你多提供几条有激励作用的条件,也许能说服你留下来。
I would like to be the first to offer my congratulations.
我想成为第一个向你祝贺的人。
Your offer of hospitality is tempting.
你的盛情提议是很诱人的。
What kind of security can you offer me?
你能给我提供什么样的安全保障?
I can never refuse an offer for dinner with you.
我永远都不会拒绝与你共进晚餐的提议。
I have this explanation to offer.
我想提出这种解释。
What have you got to offer me that I don't already have?
你可以给我什么我没有的东西吗?


What can you give me that would make me want to stay?
你能给我什么可以使我留下来的东西呢?
It's an offer you can't refuse.
这是一个你无法拒绝的提议。
Don't pass up on an offer like this.
不要错过这样的提议。
This kind of offer only comes once in a lifetime.
这样的时机一生只有一次。
What can you offer me to keep my mouth shut?
你能给我什么来使我保持沉默呢?
I'll offer you anything.
我将为你提供一切。
You have so much to offer. You're really a great person.
你如此慷慨对人。你真是一个了不起的人。
Can I offer you a ride home?
我可以用车送你回家吗?


I offer my most sincere apologies.
我表示我最诚挚的道歉。
I offer my services to you should you ever be in need of them.
你有需要的时候我可以随时提供服务。
I have nothing to offer but my love and friendship.
除了爱和友谊,我没有别的可以给你。
Your offer is very attractive. But I have to say no.
你的提议很吸引人。可我还是不能接受。
I offer my deepest sympathies.
我表示我最深切的同情。
Whatever I have to offer is yours.
我尽力为你提供一切。
I could not, in good conscience, accept such an offer.
凭良心,我不能接受这样一种提议。

20. Judgement 判断
It's hard to decide...but I really think I like the red one better than the blue.
这很难决定……但我确实喜欢红色的那个多过蓝色的那个。
She really gave the stronger performance. She deserves the first prize.
她的确表演的好些。她应得一等奖。
Well this coat would be more practical for colder weather, but I think the other one is so much more attractive. But I believe I will buy the more practical one.
这件大衣对寒冷的天气来说更为实用,而我觉得另外那件要好看得多。但我想我还是买更实用的那件吧。
I'm only judging by her behavior, but I think she seems a little self-centered.
我只是根据她的行为来判断,但我认为她好象有点以自我为中心。
Make the decision based on your own judgement. Don't rely on others?opinions.
根据你自己的判断来作决定。不要依赖别人的意见。
It's too hard to judge from this distance. It looked like both runners finished at the same time.
从这么远的距离来作判断太难了。看上去好象两位选手同时冲线。
I don't want to judge him too harshly. He's been having a difficult time lately.
我不想匆忙地对他作出判断。他最近一直是困难重重。
I hate to sound judgmental, but they should both know better than to get involved with something like that.
我讨厌对别人评头品足,但他们应清楚卷入这样的事情是不好的。
If I were forced to judge between them, I would say Frank is the better speaker.
如果我一定要对他们两个作出评价,我觉得佛兰克是个更好的演说者。
Judging from what you say, I would think you would like to travel more often.
从你所说的来看,我认为你想更经常的去旅游。


Everything is not black and white. It's usually very difficult to judge.
事情不是黑白分明的。要作出判断通常很难。
I hate making decisions. I can never judge what's right.
我讨厌作决定。我永远无法判断什么是对的。
It's too close to call. I can't make a judgement on this one.
因为太熟悉了,我在这一问题上很难作出判断。
It's no contest. He's the clear winner.
这是一场悬殊的比赛。他肯定赢。
It's hard to say.
很难说。
Who can judge for sure? I can only go on what I believe.
谁能肯定地作出判断呢?我只能坚持我认为是对的。
Judging is not an exact science. We may never know who's right.
判断不是一门精密科学。我们可能永远也不清楚谁是对的。


I would prefer to withhold judgement at this point.
在这一点上我宁愿拒绝作出判断。
I'm reserving judgement at this time.
这次我不想作评价。
I wouldn't presume to judge.
我不会擅自作出判断。
How could I possibly judge given what little information I have?
我得到的信息这么少,怎么可能作出判断呢?
It is not for me to judge.
轮不到我来作判断。
I can form a judgement based on the facts before me.
我可以根据眼前的事实来作出判断。
It is impossible to make a completely impartial judgement.
要作出一个完全公正的判断是不可能的。

21. Remembrance 记忆
I remember it well.
我记得很清楚。
It was an unforgettable experience.
这是一次难忘的经历。
I am sure I will never forget this experience.
我相信我永远都不会忘记这次经历。
I have a vague memory of those times, but I can't remember anything clearly.
我对那段时间有一种模糊的记忆,但是我什么也记不清了。
This music reminds me of the night we went to hear the symphony in the park. Do you remember?
这首音乐使我想起了我们去公园听交响乐的那个晚上。你还记得吗?
I always think of my aunt when I smell that perfume. She always used to wear it.
每当我闻到这种香水我总会想起我的姨妈。她以前总是用这种香水。
Today marks our 20th anniversary. You haven't changed a bit since the day I met you.
今天是我们的二十周年庆典。从我认识你那天到现在,你一点也没有变。
It seems just like yesterday when we were on our way to school and talking about classes and now we're married with children.
我们一起上学一起谈论班上的事情的日子仿佛就在昨天,而现在我们都成家立业了。
I want you to have this photograph as something to remember me by.
我想你留下这张照片以作纪念。
This music box is a remembrance of an old friend.
这只音乐盒是一位老朋友送的纪念品。

Remember? How could I forget? That was the best night of my life.
记不记得?我怎会忘记呢?那是我一生中度过的最美好的一个夜晚。
I remember as if it were yesterday.
我记得很清楚,仿佛这事就在昨天。
It's not as if I could ever forget it.
这事我是忘不掉的。
That night is going to be with me forever.
那个晚上永远留在我的记忆中。
Those were the good old days.
那些可是过去的好时光。
You can never go home again.
你永远无法回到从前。
Back in the day, I used to be a pretty good dancer.
我年轻的时候舞跳得很不错。
I'd give anything to go back to those times.
要是能回到过去的时光,我什么都愿意付出。


We are gathered here to commemorate the brave actions of our fellow countrymen.
我们齐集在这里,以纪念我们的同胞的英勇行为。
We honor our ancestors by remembering what they fought for.
我们通过缅怀祖先的业绩来怀念他们。
Let this plaque serve as a remembrance of this grand occasion.
让这块牌匾作为这一重大事件的见证吧。
We should let the mistakes of those before us serve as a reminder to us to always be on our guard against corruption.
我们应该让我们面前的这些错误成为一种警示,提醒我们时刻提防腐败。
My recollection of events does not quite match with yours. I remember things a little differently.
我对那些事件的回忆与你的有一些出入。我对事情的记忆有点不同。
Let us never forget our heritage.
让我们永远不要忘记我们的传统。
I am reminded of a similar situation that took place many years ago when I first came to this country.
这使我想起了许多年前我第一次来到这个国家时发生的一件类似的事情。
22. Debate 争论
Now that you've finished your argument, listen to the point I'm trying to make.
既然你已经说完了你的观点,听听我要表明的观点吧。
I don't agree with you at all.
我根本不同意你。
Listen to the other side of the argument.
听听这个论点的另一个侧面吧。
Well, the point I'm trying to make is just the opposite.
可是,我要说的观点恰好相反。
Well, that's not what I would say at all.
可是,那根本不是我要说的意思。
I am not so sure really. I think I take the opposite viewpoint.
我不大肯定。我觉得我持相反的观点。
I suppose that's true in a way, but I think you're missing an important point.
我认为在某种程度上那是对的,但我觉得你漏掉了重要的一点。
Yes, that's quite true, but here's where you went wrong.
是的,那很对,但是你在这里出了错。
I'm afraid you're wrong about that.
我认为关于那事你弄错了。
You're making it too simple. Don't you see that it's much more complicated than that?
你将它过于简单化了。你难道看不出事情比那要复杂的多吗?


All I'm trying to say is that you don't seem to be looking at both sides of the issue.
所有我想说的只是我认为你好象没有考察事情的正反两面。
You really can't mean that.
你不是那个意思吧。
You're not serious, are you?
你不是来真的吧,是吗?
Point taken. But listen to my side.
有道理。但听听我这边的意见。
Oh, come on. That can't be right.
噢,别说了。那不可能对的。
This is how I see it.
这是我对它的看法。
Don't be silly.
别傻了。
Your argument just doesn't hold water.
你的论点是站不住脚的。


I would have to take issue with that last point of yours.
我要对你的最后一个观点提出商酌。
I'm not so certain. Why don't you try to see things from my point of view?
我不那么肯定。为什么你不试着从我的观点看事情呢?
I'm inclined to disagree with that.
我倾向于反对那个观点。
Well, I would agree with you up to a point, but I think you are not quite right.
是的,我在某种程度上同意你,但我认为你不是十分正确。
I'm afraid I disagree with you entirely.
我恐怕完全不能同意你。
I cannot accept that argument. I think you are wrong.
我不能接受那个观点。我认为你是错的。
I disagree strongly with your opinion.
我非常不赞成你的意见。
23. Presentation 呈现
Let me present you with a plan.
让我向你提交一个计划。
When I present the proposal, you will become convinced.
在我呈现这个计划后,你就会变得信服的。
You can ask questions after the presentation.
当你提交完后你们就可以提问题。
Let me now present the president of the company to speak before you.
现在让我介绍公司的董事长给大家讲话。
It's obvious that you went to a lot of trouble to make the presentation nice.
很显然你花了许多工夫使你的口头陈述做得更好。
Can you present me with any alternatives?
你可以给我提供别的选择吗?
He presents a positive example about what can be done with determination.
只要有决心,很多事情都可以办成。他就给大家呈现了这么一个正面的例子。
The chaotic situation presents us with many problems.
混乱的形势使我们面临许多问题。
We are presented with a picture of people in the worst possible circumstances.
呈现在我们面前的是一幅生活在可能是最恶劣环境下的人民的图画。
What have you got to present me with?
你有什么要给我看?


She has a lot of style in her presentation.
她的表示方式多样。
It's all in the presentation. You have to make yourself convincing.
一切都看这次口头陈述了。你得使自己看起来令人信服。
Let me show you what I mean with this little presentation.
让我用这个简短的表述来向你说明我的意思。
The food is just as good in taste as it is in the presentation.
食物的味道跟它们在展示会上的一样好。
Can you present me with any reasons to forgive you?
你可以提出任何能使我原谅你的理由吗?
Make yourself presentable.
努力使自己看起来象样点。
How can I present this idea without losing everyone's attention?
我如何才能在吸引人们的注意力的情况下陈述这一观点呢?
The key is all in how you present it. You've got to try and sell it to the crowd.
关键在于你如何呈现它。你得努力向大众推销它。


I'd like to present you with this token of our gratitude.
我想将这一纪念品赠送给你,以表我们的感激之情。
We are honored to present this plaque commemorating your years of hard work and dedication to the company.
我们很荣幸向你赠送这块匾,以纪念你多年来的辛勤工作和对公司的忠诚。
Can you present any evidence in your defense?
你能提出任何证据为自己辩护吗?
It is my pleasure to present your new president.
我很荣幸向你们介绍你们的新总裁。
I am pleased to present you with this small gift.
我很高兴将这件小礼物赠送给你。
My presentation should clarify any questions that you might have.
我的陈述应该可以澄清你可能有的疑问。
Can you present any references who might vouch for your character?
你能提供一些可以为你的人格作担保的证明人吗?

24.Informing 告知
I should let you know that there will be no classes held next Wednesday.
我想告诉你们下星期三停课。
You've been very informative.
你真是见多识广。
Thanks for the information. I'll give it some thought.
谢谢你的信息。我会认真考虑的。
Let me tell you about how things work around here.
让我来告诉你这里的情况。
There's a lot you should know about life in this town. Let me help you out.
关于在这个城镇里的生活,你有许多东西需要了解的。让我来帮你吧。
I can be your guide and let you know where things are.
我可以当你的向导,让你了解物品的位置。
I'm trying to get some information. Maybe you could help me?
我想打听一点消息。你可以帮助我吗?
You've got to realize that we do many things differently from you.
你得明白我们在很多事情的做法上与你不同。
If you need any information, I'm the person you should talk to.
如果你需要任何信息,最好来问我。
It's actually very interesting. Let me tell you more about it.
这其实很有趣。让我告诉你多一点吧。

Can someone tell me what's going on?
有人能告诉我发生了什么事情吗?
I just wanted to keep you updated.
我只是想让你知道最新的情况。
Let me get you up to speed.
让我来帮助你不要落伍。
I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.
我只是想了解我们是否知道得一样多。
I would never act as an informer against you.
我永远也不会做对你不利的告密者。
Thanks for the info. You've been very helpful.
谢谢你的信息。你一直都在帮我的忙。
For your information, I'm not leaving until the following week.
根据你的消息,我将到下个星期才走。
You'll never guess what happened. Let me tell you.
你永远也猜测不到发生了什么事。我来告诉你吧。


Can you inform me of the charges against me?
你能告诉我对我的指控吗?
I must inform you of your rights.
我必须把你的权利告诉你。
I will apprise you of the situation.
我将把情况告知你。
Let me acquaint you with what has happened up until this point.
让我通知你到这一刻为止已经发生了什么事情。
I am actually very knowledgeable about the items you have in mind. I can give you the information you need.
实际上我对你所知道的东西了如指掌。我可以给你提供你需要的信息。
I have a duty to advise you of the danger you are facing if you accept this responsibility.
如果你承担这一职责,我有责任提醒你将面对的困难。
Can you notify me if there is any change in her condition?
如果她的情况有了变化,你能告诉我吗?

25. Resignation 顺从
Nothing lasts forever.
没有事情是永久不衰的。
I suppose it was too good to last.
我觉得它太美好以致无法长久。
I should have expected this to happen.
我早应想到这事会发生。
I should have seen this coming.
我早应预见到这事的到来。
I shouldn't be surprised. It's really what I expected all along.
我一点也不感到奇怪。这是我盼望已久的。
It's just my bad luck I guess.
我猜这只是我的运气不好。
It really was just too much of a good thing.
这可是好得过头反成坏事。
It was good while it lasted.
事情要是能够长久,它就是好事。
I'm attempting to lose gracefully.
我努力做到输得体面。
Maybe it's the way it has to be.
也许事情一定会这样。


That's the way it goes.
事情就是那样发展的。
Well, what are you going to do?
好了,你打算怎么办?
I'm just going to deal with it.
我总要对付它的。
I'm not surprised really.
我的确一点也不奇怪。
I've just got to go with the flow.
我只得随大流。
Better luck next time, I hope.
我希望下次运气会好些。
You won fair and square. I just wasn't up to the job.
你赢得光明正大。我确实不胜任这项工作。
Some battles you just can't win.
我们不可能当常胜将军。


I've resigned myself to my fate.
我已经听天由命。
I would like to tender my resignation.
我想提交辞职书。
I've resigned myself to the fact that I might never realize my dream.
我已使自己接受这样一个事实,也许我永远都不能实现自己的梦想。
This is the formal notification of my resignation.
这是我辞职的正式申报。
It is useless to resist. We must resign ourselves.
反抗是没用的。我们必须放弃。
I've resigned myself to a quiet life without much excitement.
我已经使自己甘心过一种波澜不兴的宁静生活。
I can't resign myself so easily. I'm going to put up a fight.
我不会这么轻易放弃的。我将战斗到底。
26. Deception 欺骗
You misled me.
你误导了我。
I thought I could trust you.
我原以为可以信任你的。
I was deceived by your easy-going manner.
我被你的随和外表欺骗了。
How could you be so deceptive.
你怎么会如此狡诈。
You deliberately misrepresented yourself.
你故意伪装自己。
You practiced a deliberate deception. I cannot excuse it.
你是故意进行欺诈。我不能原谅。
You made yourself into something you're not.
你在伪装自己。
I really thought you were someone I could count on.
我原来真的以为你是个可依靠的人。
How can you keep lying to me? I'm aware of your deception.
你怎么能老是对我撒谎?我知道你在骗人。
You led me to believe that you were a person of good character.
你诱使我相信你是个有好品格的人。


How could you steer me so wrong?
你怎能把我引到如此错误的道路上?
You really had me going. I thought you were someone I could trust.
你的确把我骗了。我还以为你是个可以信赖的人。
So this is how you treat a friend. You let me down.
你就是这样对待朋友的。你令我失望。
You doublecrossed me.
你欺骗了我。
I can't believe you would go behind my back.
我不敢相信你竟背着我干出这样的事。
It was like taking candy from a baby. She's incredibly gullible.
这就象从一位婴儿手上夺走糖果一样容易。她太容易上当受骗了。
I swallowed the whole story hook, line, and sinker. I was completely taken in.
我一字不漏地相信了整个故事。我完完全全受骗了。
I'm beginning to learn how two faced you are.
我开始了解你是怎样一个两面三刀的人。


Your deception has cost us any opportunity for deepening our friendship. I certainly cannot trust you after this.
你的欺骗行为已经破坏了进一步加深我们的友谊的机会。从此以后我不可能信任你了。
She is beguiling and untrustworthy.
她既狡诈又靠不住。
I fear I have been deluded. He made the offer sound quite attractive.
我担心我被迷惑了。他的提议听起来很吸引人。
Believe me, they are all deceivers. You must not trust any of them.
相信我,他们都是骗子。他们当中任何一个你都不要相信。
I no longer trust him because he betrayed something I told him in confidence.
我再也不信任他了,因为他出卖了我告诉他的秘密。
We were deceived by the government. They held that there was not much damage done, but their claim is false.
我们被政府欺骗了。他们说损失不大,但是他们的声明是错的。
Your deceit shall not pass without notice. It will not be forgiven.
你的欺骗行为不会没人知道。那将是不可原谅的。

27. Disclosure 揭露
I have something I have to tell you.
我有些事情得告诉你。
This may come as a surprise to you.
这可能使你感到吃惊。
You may not like what I'm going to say.
你可能不喜欢我要说的话。
Listen, I need to speak with you.
听着,我需要跟你谈一谈。
Do you have a minute? I have to talk to you.
你有空吗? 我得跟你谈一下。
There's something I need to say before we go any further.
在我们继续下去之前我有事要说。
Wait until I've told you what I'm going to tell you.
听我把我要告诉你的东西说完。
I shouldn't have waited this long to tell you.
我不应拖这么久才告诉你。
There's something important I have to say.
我有重要的事情必须说出来。
I would have told you sooner, but I could never find the right time.
我本应早点告诉你,可我总找不到合适的时间。

Just hear me out, will you? I need to say this.
听我说完好吗?我要把这说出来。
I have something I have to get off my chest.
我有话要说,不吐不快。
I have a confession to make.
我有事要坦白。
I just have to come clean. I have to tell you.
我得全盘招供。我必须告诉你。
You better sit down to hear this.
你最好坐下来听听这个。
You are never going to believe what I have to tell you.
你怎么也不会相信我要告诉你的事情。
This isn't easy for me to say, but I have to do it.
我要说出这个不容易,但是我必须说。
There's a lot you don't know about me.
你不了解我的地方多着呢。


He had a shocking disclosure to make.
他有令人震惊的事情要揭露。
I must confess something to you.
我必须向你坦白一些事情。
I will not disclose the amount of offer.
我不会透露出报价的。
I refuse to disclose any details of the encounter.
我拒绝透露这次会面的任何详情。
I have disclosed all the details that are pertinent to the case. I will not say anything more.
我已经透露了跟这件案子有关的所有详情。我不会再说任何东西了。
It would be dishonorable to reveal more about what she said to me. I would be betraying a confidence.
要透露更多他告诉我的东西是可耻的。我会背上一个出卖秘密的恶名。
I will reveal the whereabouts of the item in question only at the appropriate time.
我只会在适当的时候透露有疑问的物品的下落。

28. Ridicule 嘲笑

I can't go out in public. I know everyone must be laughing at me.
我无法出去见人。我知道大家一定都在笑我 。
You're making a fool out of yourself.
你是在自出洋相。
Don't be such an idiot. You're exposing yourself in front of everyone.
不要这么傻了。你把自己暴露在大庭广众之下。
You're leaving yourself open to ridicule.
你是在把自己置于众人的嘲笑之下。
Everyone's laughing at me.
人人都在嘲笑我。
It's not funny any more. You're making a fool out of yourself.
这一点也不好笑了。你是在自出洋相。
It's so humiliating.
这太令人羞辱了。
Everyone's getting their amusement at my expense.
人人都拿我取乐。
She doesn't dare to show her face. She knows she'll just be laughed at.
她不敢露面。她知道大家都会笑她。
People will always laugh at new ideas. Innovators are always ridiculed.
人们总是嘲笑新的思想。革新者总是被人愚弄。


It's easy to kick someone when they're down. I can't believe people laugh at others?misfortunes.
要落井下石是很容易的事情。我真不敢相信人们竟以别人的痛苦为乐。
He makes an easy target for ridicule.
他很容易就成为人们嘲弄的目标。
I'm a laughing stock.
我成了笑柄。
You look ridiculous.
你看上去很可笑。
I just wish I could disappear. I can't stand all this ridicule.
我真希望能够就地消失。我受不了所有这些嘲笑。
I wish the ground would just swallow me up. I'm sure everyone must be laughing at me.
我真希望能钻到地底下去。我肯定大家都在笑我。
She's the butt of everyone's jokes.
她成了大家开玩笑的把柄。
You're making a scene. Stop acting like such an idiot.
你成了笑柄了。不要象个傻瓜一样做事。


You are making yourself an object of ridicule.
你使自己成了嘲笑的目标。
I will not be mocked.
我不能容忍别人的嘲弄。
This will only give others a new excuse for laughter and derision at my expense.
这只会给别人一个新的借口来对我冷嘲热讽。
Do not make me the object of your contempt.
不要把我当作你欺负的对象。
I have no desire to allow myself to be the subject of mockery.
我不会容忍让自己成为嘲弄的目标。
Please do not taunt me.
请不要奚落我。
I would prefer it if you would not use such a mocking tone.
如果你不使用这么一种嘲弄的口吻,我会更喜欢。

29. Flattery 奉承
Have I told you how fantastic you look today?
我想告诉你你今天真是太漂亮了。
You know, you're really good with people.
知道吗,你真的很善于与人相处。
You should wear that dress more often.
你应该多穿那条好看的 裙子。
That suit really flatters your figure.
那件西服的确很合你的体型。
Have you lost weight recently?
你最近减了体重了吗?
You certainly know how to throw a party.
你组织晚会的确有一套。
Wow! I never knew you were such a great dancer.
啊!我没想到你的舞跳得这么好。
You've certainly got a knack for knowing the right thing to say.
你的确有窍门,知道什么时候该说什么话。
You always say just the right thing.
你说话总是很得体。
Red is definitely your color.
红色最衬你。


You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
蜂蜜比醋更能招来苍蝇,奉承比批评更能赢得好感。
Flattery will get you nowhere.
阿谀奉承不会给你带来任何好处。
Oh stop it! You're just flattering me.
别说了!你这是在奉承我。
You've got a lot of style.
你很有自己独特的风格。
You're the life of the party.
你是这场晚会的灵魂。
You're such a sweet talker.
你真会说甜言蜜语。
You're such a charmer.
你真是个魅力四射的人。
Stop it! I'm blushing.
别说了!我脸都红了。

How nice you look today!
你今天真好看!
Your smile just brightens up the room.
你的微笑使得陋室生辉。
Your work has been outstanding recently,
你的工作最近非常突出。
I've been meaning to tell you how impressed I've been with your performance.
我只想告诉你你的表演给我留下了深刻的印象。
I think you might be someone to watch in the future.
我认为你是一位未来值得关注的人物。
I don't mean to be forward, but you are looking very nice today.
我不想太过冒昧,但是你今天确实很漂亮。
That may have been the best performance I saw all day.
那可能是我全天看过的最精彩的演出。

30. Departure 分别
Well, I suppose it's time I was leaving.
好了,我想我该走了。
I really hate saying goodbye.
我的确不想说再见。
I really have to be going.
我确实得走了。
I wish I didn't have to go.
但愿我不用离开。
It's too bad, but I have to go.
太遗憾了,我不得不离开。
Well it's about time to leave.
好了,离别的时间快到了。
I should be going now.
我现在得走了。
I've had a great time.
我跟你度过了美好的时光。
It was so nice to see you again.
又见到你,真是太好了。
It was nice to see you again.
真好我们又见面了。

I don't want to wear out my welcome.
我不想呆得太久了。
See you later.
后会有期。
I'll be seeing you.
到时见。
I'll see you around.
到时再见。
I'll catch you later.
稍后再见。
I've got to go.
我得走了。
I've got to get out of here.
我得离开这里了。
I've got to get going.
我得起程 了。
Please give my best wishes to your family when you see them again.
当你再见到你的家人时,请向他们表达我最美好的祝愿。
I send my warmest wishes to your mother.
请把我最热烈的问候带给你的母亲。
I'msure this will not be the last time that we will meet.
我相信我们以后还会有见面的机会。
It was so nice getting to see you again.
又能见到你,真是太好了。
I hope some day I will have the opportunity to be as hospitable to you.
我希望有一天我也能这样周到得接待你。
Have a safe trip home.
回家一路顺风。
I so enjoyed visiting with you again.
能再与你一起交谈真是太高兴了。

没有评论: