Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

Talk in American English 11-20

Dialog 11 It's a small world.
A:I think I've seen you before.
B: No, I don't believe so.
A:Your face is so familiar. Wait! I know! We were on the same plane to New York last summer.
B:Yes. Now I remember.
A:What a coincidence meeting you in Washington!
B:It's a small world.
译文
A: 我想我以前见过你。
B: 不,我不那么认为。
A: 你很面熟。等等!我知道了。去年夏天我们坐过同一班去纽约的飞机。
B: 是的。我现在想起来了。
A: 在华盛顿遇到你真巧!
B: 这世界真小。

Dialog 12
Are you free tonight?
A: Are you free tonight?
B: Yes, I am.
A: Shall we have dinner together? I know a place that has excellent food.
B: O.K. I'll be happy to join you.
译文
A: 你今晚有空吗?
B: 有空。
A: 我们能一起吃晚饭吗?我知道有个地方的菜很棒。
B: 好的。我会很高兴和你一起吃晚饭。


Dialog 13
Would you like to join me?
A: I'm going to see a movie tonight. Would you like to join me?
B: Sounds great. What are you going to see?
A: Vertical Limit.
B: I've been wanting to see that movie for a long time. What time shall we go?
A: The movie starts at 7:30, let's leave at 7:00.
B: All right.
译文
A:我今晚要去看电影,你要不要一起去?
B:听起来不错。你要看哪部片子?
A:《垂直极限》。
B: 我一直想看那部电影。我们几点出发?
A: 电影7:30开始,我们7:00出发。
B: 好的。

Dialog 14
When is the best time for you?
A: Are you free tomorrow?
B: Yes, I am.
A: I'd like to see you. There's something I want to tell you.
B: Fine.
A: When is the best time for you?
B: Anytime after five is fine.
A: I'll pick you up at half past five.
B: O.K. See you then.
译文
A:你明天有空吗?
B:有空。
A:我想过来看看你。有些事想跟你说。
B:好的。
A:你什么时候方便?
B:五点以后都可以。
A:我五点半来接你。
B:好的。到时候见。


Dialog 15 It's up to you.
A: What would you like to do tonight?
B: I don't care. It's up to you.
A: Well, which one would you prefer, dinner or a movie?
B: Either one. I just want to get out of here.
译文
A: 今天晚上想做什么?
B: 无所谓。由你决定。
A: 那么,你想去吃晚饭,还是去看电影?
B: 随便哪个都行。我只想出去。

Dialog 16
Would you like a cup of coffee?
A: Would you like a cup of coffee?
B: Yes, thanks.
A: Do you take sugar or cream in your coffee?
B: Neither, I like mine plain. And you?
A: I like mine black with a pinch of sugar.
B: That's very good. May I have a refill?
译文
A: 你要不要来杯咖啡?
B:好的,谢谢。
A:你的咖啡要放糖或牛奶吗?
B:都不要,我喜欢什么都不加的。你呢?
A:我喜欢黑咖啡加少许糖。
B:那很好。能再来一杯吗?


Dialog 17
Help yourself, please.
A: Help yourself, please.
B: Thank you, I will. Mm, it's delicious. Did you make it?
A: Yes, I did.
B: You're an excellent cook.
译文
A:请慢用。
B:谢谢,我会的。嗯,很好吃。你做的吗?
A: 是的。
B: 你真是个好厨师。

Dialog 18 Lunch is on me.
A: Would you like to have lunch with me at a new restaurant I heard about?
B: I'm sorry, all I can afford today is a Big Mac.
A: Come on. Lunch is on me.
B: I couldn't do that.
A: Don't be silly. I insist.
B: Well, if you insist. Thank you.
译文
A: 我听说一家新餐馆,要不要和我一起去吃中饭?
B: 抱歉,今天我只吃得起一个大汉堡。
A: 来吧。中饭我付。
B: 我不能那么做。
A: 别傻了。我坚持这样。
B: 好吧,既然你坚持。谢谢。

Dialog 19 Is this seat taken?
A: Excuse me. Is this seat taken?
B: No, it isn't.
A: Would you mind moving over one seat so my wife and I can sit together?
B: No, not at all.
A: Thank you.
B: You're welcome.
译文
A: 对不起。这位子有人吗?
B: 不,没人。
A: 你介意挪一个位子,好让我太太能和我坐一起吗?
B: 不,一点也不介意。
A: 谢谢你。
B: 不客气。

Dialog 20
I'd like to have roast beef.
A: May I help you?
B: Yes, I'd like to have tomato soup, roast beef and mashed potatoes.
A: How do you want the beef? Rare, medium or well-done?
B: Well-done, please.
A: Anything to drink?
B: Water will be fine.
A: Fine. And how about you?
C: Same here. And I'll have a large coke.
译文
A: 能为你服务吗?
B: 是的。我要番茄汤、烤牛肉和马铃薯泥。
A: 你的牛肉要怎样的?五分熟,七八分熟,还是全熟?
B: 请来全熟的。
A: 要喝点什么?
B: 水就好。
A: 好的。您呢?
C:我也一样。我还要一杯大杯的可乐。

没有评论: