Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

English 900 basic (Chinese and English)---U11-U15

Unit 11
Talking about likes and Dislikes
谈论喜好

1.Sentences 句子

151. I play Chinese chess, and I like taking pictures.
我下中国象棋,而且我喜欢照相。
152. I go in for a lot of sports-basketball, volleyball, and tennis.
我喜欢很多种运动--篮球,排球和网球。
153. He is a man of many interests.
他是个兴趣广泛的人。
154.Photography is an expensive hobby.
照相是一种很花钱的爱好。
155.Tom is fond of fishing and hunting.
汤姆爱好钓鱼和狩猎。
156.Many people will enjoy a good concert.
许多人都会喜欢一场好的音乐会。
157.The movie "Singing in the Rain" is very interesting.
电影"雨中曲"非常有趣。
158.Oysters are the only seafood I like.
海鲜里面我只喜欢吃牡蛎。
159.I prefer a good cup of tea.
我更喜欢喝一杯好茶。
160.It drives me crazy.
它令我发狂。
161.Jim doesn't care much for folk dancing.
吉姆不怎么喜欢民族舞蹈。
162.She is very particular about food.
她非常注重饮食。
163.I just can't stand the odor.
我只是不能忍受这个味道。
164.I'm tired of stamp collecting.
我感到集邮很烦。
165.He wants to forget the expensive hobby as soon as he can.
他想尽快忘掉这个花费很大的爱好。

2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Alice: what's your hobby?
John: I play Chinese chess, and I like taking pictures.

艾丽斯:你的爱好是什么?
约翰:我下中国象棋,而且我喜欢照相。

2. Mary: Do you like sports?
Tom: Yes, I do. I go in for a lot of sports-basketball, volleyball, and tennis.

玛丽:你喜欢运动吗?
汤姆:喜欢。我喜欢很多种运动--篮球,排球和网球。

3. Jack: What kind of man is he?
Rose: He is a man of many interests.
杰克:他是个什么样的人?
罗斯:他是个兴趣广泛的人。

4. Tom: what do you think of photography?
Betty: Photography is an expensive hobby.

汤姆:你觉得照相怎么样?
贝蒂:照相是一种很花钱的爱好。

5. Jane: what's Tom's hobby?
Jim: Tom is fond of fishing and hunting.

简:汤姆有什么兴趣爱好?
吉姆:汤姆爱好钓鱼和狩猎。

6. Bill: What do you think of the concert?
Jane: It's good and many people enjoy it.
比尔:你觉得音乐会怎么样?
简:非常好,许多人都喜欢。

7. Dennis: Is the movie "Singing in the Rain" very interesting?
Alice: Yes, it is.
丹尼斯:电影"雨中曲"非常有趣吗?
艾丽斯:是的,很有趣。

8. Carl: What kinds of seafood do you like best?
Jane: Oysters are the only seafood I like.
卡尔:你最喜欢吃什么海鲜?
简:海鲜里我只喜欢吃牡蛎。

9. Gorge: Which one do you prefer , a good cup of tea or coffee?
Helen: I prefer a good cup of tea.
乔治:一杯好茶和一杯咖啡,你更喜欢哪一个?
海伦:我更喜欢喝茶。

10. Jack: What do you think of it?
Jane: It drives me crazy.
杰克:你觉得它怎么样?
简:它令我发狂。

11. Mike: Does Jim like folk dancing?
Susan: He doesn't care much for it.
迈克:吉姆喜欢民族舞蹈吗?
苏珊:他不怎么喜欢。

12. Jack: What attitude does she have about food?
Lucy: She is very particular about food.
杰克:她对饮食持什么态度?
露西:她非常注重饮食。

13. Tom: What do you feel about the odor?
Kitty: I just can't stand it.
汤姆:你觉得这味道怎么样?
基蒂:我无法忍受。

14. Tom: I think you enjoy stamp collecting, don't you?
Maggie: No. I'm just tired of it.
汤姆:我觉得你非常喜欢集邮,是吧?
玛吉:不,我觉得很讨厌。

15. Alice: He likes his hobby very much, doesn't he?
Peter: No. He wants to forget the expensive hobby as soon as he can.
艾丽斯:他很喜欢他的爱好,对吧?
彼得:不。他想尽快忘掉这个花费很大的爱好。


3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1.I play Chinese chess, and I like taking pictures.
playing the piano.
playing the violin.

我下中国象棋,而且我喜欢 照相。
弹钢琴。
拉小提琴。

2.I go in for a lot of sports-basketball, volleyball, and tennis.
football, and swimming.
skating, and skiing.
我喜欢很多种运动--篮球, 排球和网球。
足球和游泳。
滑冰和滑雪。
3.He is a man of many interests.
few
all kinds of

他是个 兴趣广泛的人。
没什么兴趣的人。
有各种各样兴趣的人。

4. Photography is an expensive hobby.
Book-collecting
Travelling

照相 是一种很花钱的爱好。
藏书
旅游

5. Tom is fond of fishing and hunting.
swimming and skating.
cooking and gardening.

汤姆爱好 钓鱼和狩猎。
游泳和滑冰。
做饭和种花。

6. Many people will enjoy a good concert.
a wonderful picture.
an excellent movie.

许多人都喜欢 一场好的音乐会。
一幅美丽的画卷。
一部极好的电影。

7. The movie "Singing in the Rain" is very interesting.
boring.
depressing.
电影"雨中曲"非常 有趣。
烦人。
压抑。

8.ysters are the only seafood I like.
dislike.
hate .

海鲜里我只 喜欢 吃牡蛎。
不喜欢
讨厌

9.I prefer a good cup of tea.
a glass of milk.
a cup of coffee.

我更喜欢喝 一杯好茶。
一杯牛奶。
一杯咖啡。

10. It drives me crazy.
mad.
wild.
它令我 发狂。
发疯。
疯狂。

11. Jim doesn't care much for folk dancing.
pop music.
traditional instruments.
吉姆不怎么喜欢 民族舞蹈。
流行音乐。
传统乐器。

12. She is very particular about food.
appearance.
time.

她非常注重 饮食。
外表。
时间。

13. I just can't stand the odor.
smell.
color.
我只是不能忍受这个 味道。
气味。
颜色。

14. I'm tired of stamp collecting.
photography.
painting.

我觉得 集邮 很烦。
照相
画画

15. He wants to forget the expensive hobby as soon as he can.
the bad habit
the time-wasting hobby

他想尽快忘掉这个 花费很大的爱好。
坏习惯。
浪费时间的爱好。
4.Conversation 对话
1. Tom: Well, how did you enjoy your seaside trip?
Jane: It was fun, I tell you.
Tom: Tell me about it, please?
Jane: We went for swimming in the sea. That was the best part of the day.
Tom: So you must have had an enjoyable day yesterday.

汤姆:呃,你的海滨之旅怎么样?
简:我告诉你,非常有趣。
汤姆:跟我说说好吗?
简:我们到海里去游泳了。这是那天最有意思的事。
汤姆:那么,你昨天一定过的非常愉快。

2. Mary: What do you like to do in your spare time?
Tom: I'm fond of fishing and hunting. In summer, I like swimming best, and skating and skiing are my winter sports.
Mary: Do you play tennis?
Tom: Yes, but I'm not very good at it. I just play for the fun of it.
Mary: Shall we have a game together some day?
Tom: Yes, that will be nice. Let's fix it for next week.
Mary: You've got it.

玛丽:你空闲时间喜欢做些什么?
汤姆:我喜欢钓鱼和狩猎。夏季我最喜欢游泳,在冬天呢,我喜欢滑冰和滑雪。
玛丽:你打网球吗?
汤姆:打呀,但是我打得不怎么好。只是为了好玩而已。
玛丽:我们哪一天一起打比赛好吗?
汤姆:太棒了,我们定在下周吧。
玛丽:就这么定了。

3 Waiter: What would you like to have, madam?
Lady: I haven't decided yet. I didn't see anything I really like in the menu.
Waiter: Oh, come on, over there must be something you like.
Lady: Well, I guess so, but I only see food I don't like very much. I don't care much for meat of any kind and I can't stand fish. Do you have oysters?
Waiter: No, I'm afraid not. How about the other seafood?
Lady: Oysters are the only seafood I like. I dislike the rest.
Waiter: Oh, my god. I wish I could think of something for you. Well, you'd better have the soup and some dessert.
Lady: Ok, I'll have to have some dessert instead of a proper dinner.
侍者:想吃点什么,夫人?
女士:还没决定。菜单上没有我喜欢吃的东西。
侍者:嗯,请过来,那边一定有你喜欢吃的东西。
女士:好吧,希望如此,但是我看我都不太喜欢。什么肉我都不爱吃,我也不爱吃鱼。有牡蛎吗?
侍者:恐怕没有,其它海鲜怎么样?
女士:海鲜之中我只喜欢吃牡蛎,不喜欢其它的。
侍者:噢,我的天哪。我希望能为您想出点可吃的东西。呃,您最好来一个汤和一些点心。
女士:好吧,我只好将就吃点心,而不是正经的晚饭啦。

4 Anne: I didn't expect it to be so hot here.
Jack: Neither did I. Well, I think I'm going to get a drink with plenty of ice. How about you?
Anne: I'm a teetotaler, you know.
Jack: Shall I get you a soft drink or something else?
Anne: No, thanks.
Jack: Are you sure you don't want anything?
Anne: Nothing, really. Thank you just the same.
Jack: Okay.

安妮:我没想到这儿会这么热。
杰克:我也是。哎呀,我想我应该喝一些加冰饮料。你呢?
安妮:你知道我滴酒不沾。
杰克:我给你拿一些软饮料或别的东西好吗?
安妮:不了,谢谢。
杰克:你确实不想喝点东西吗?
安妮:什么都不要,真的。还是很感谢你。
杰克:好吧。

Unit 12
Seeing a Doctor
看医生
1.Sentences 句子

166.Tom caught a cold today.
汤姆今天感冒了。
167.John's problem is that he gets pains in his chest.
约翰的问题是他的胸部疼痛。
168.I will consult the doctor for my headache.
我要问问医生我头痛的原因。
169.Jim's trouble is that he can't go to sleep at night.
吉姆的问题是他晚上睡不着。
170.Mary doesn't know how to lose weight.
玛丽不知道怎样减肥。
171.The doctor advises him to do more exercises.
医生建议他多做运动。
172.Kitty is asked to take the medicine 3 times a day.
医生要求基蒂每天吃三次药。
173.The doctor finds that Jack had a high fever.
医生发现杰克发高烧。
174.Mr. Smith is having an examination in the hospital.
史密斯先生在医院里做检查。
175.The doctor orders Anne to rest in bed for two days.
医生让安妮卧床休息两天。
176.The only thing he should do is just to relax.
他需要做的就是放松。
177.The surgeon is operating on Betty.
外科医生正在为贝蒂做手术。
178.The doctor asked me to get an injection.
医生让我注射治疗。
179.The doctor advises her to go on a diet.
医生建议她节食。
180.Mr. Green tells me that nothing is serious and I'll recover soon.
格林先生告诉我没什么要紧的并且很快就会恢复。


2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Mary: Why didn't Tom come here?
John: He had a cold today.
玛丽:汤姆为什么没来?
约翰: 他今天感冒了。

2. Tom: what's wrong with John?
Rose: He feels pain in his chest.
汤姆:约翰怎么了?
罗斯:他胸口疼。

3. Tom: what's the matter with you?
Jane: I will consult the doctor for my headache.
汤姆:你哪不舒服?
简:我要问问医生我头疼的原因。

4. Tom : What's the trouble with Jim?
Betty: He can't go to sleep at night.
汤姆:吉姆哪不舒服?
贝蒂:他晚上睡不着。

5. Jack: Why does Mary look so depressed?
Jane: She doesn't know how to lose her weight.
杰克:玛丽看起来怎么这么低落?
简:她不知道怎样减肥。

6. Bill: What does the doctor say to him?
Jane: He advises him to do more exercises.
比尔:医生对他说了什么?
简:医生建议他多做运动。

7. Dennis: What is Kitty asked to do?
Jane: She is asked to take the medicine 3 times a day.
丹尼斯:医生让基蒂怎么做?
简:医生要求基蒂每天吃三次药。

8. Carl: What's wrong with Jack?
Jane: The doctor found he had a high fever.
卡尔:杰克怎么了?
简:医生发现他发高烧。

9. Helen: Where is Mr. Smith doing his examination?
Jorge: In the hospital.
海伦:史密斯先生在哪做检查?
乔治:在医院里。

10. Tom : What's the doctor's advice?
Jane: He suggested Anne to rest in bed for two days.
汤姆:医生的建议是什么?
简:医生让安妮卧床休息两天。

11. Mark: What should he do then ?
Susan: The only thing he should do is just to relax.
马克:那么他应该怎么做呢?
苏珊:他需要做的就是放松。

12. Tom : What is the surgeon doing?
Lucy: He is operating on Betty.
汤姆:外科医生正在做什么?
露西:他正在给贝蒂做手术。

13. Tom : What did the doctor ask you to do?
Kitty: He asked me to get an injection.
汤姆:医生让你怎么做呢?
凯蒂:医生让我注射治疗。

14. Tom : What does the doctor advise her to do?
Maggie: He advises her to go on a diet.
汤姆:医生建议她做些什么?
玛吉:医生建议她节食。

15. Alice: What does Mr. Green tell you about?
Peter: He tells me that nothing is serious and I'll recover soon.
艾丽斯:格林先生告诉了你什么?
彼得: 他告诉我没什么严重的,我会很快恢复。

3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. Tom caught a cold today.
got back pain
got indigestion

汤姆今天 感冒了。
背疼。
消化不良。

2. John's problem is that he gets pains in his chest.
stomach.
belly.

约翰的问题是他的 胸部 疼痛。

肚子

3. I will consult the doctor for my headache.
toothache.
earache.

我要问问医生我 头痛 的原因。
牙痛
耳朵痛

4. Jim's trouble is that he can't go to sleep at night.
he is very tired during the day .
he can't fall asleep until late at night.

吉姆的问题是他 晚上睡不着。
白天感到很疲倦。
晚上很晚才入睡。

5. Mary doesn't know how to lose weight.
put on weight.
get out of the habit.

玛丽不知道怎样 减肥。
增肥。
摆脱习惯。

6. The doctor advises him to do more exercises.
to balance his diet.
to have a good rest.
医生建议他 多做运动。
平衡饮食。
好好休息。

7. Kitty is asked to take the medicine 3 times a day.
once a day.
after dinner.
医生要求基蒂每天 吃三次药。
吃一次药。
饭后吃药。

8. The doctor finds that Jack has a high fever.
is in poor condition.
has very serious problems.

医生发现杰克 发高烧。
身体很差。
问题严重。

9. Mr. Smith is having an examination in the hospital.
an X-ray examination
an operation

史密斯先生正在医院里 做检查。
做X光检查。
做手术。

10. The doctor orders Anne to rest in bed for two days.
to stay home.
to get an injection.

医生让安妮 卧床休息两天。
呆在家里。
打一针。

11. The only thing he should do is just to relax.
have a rest.
have some sleep.

他需要做的就是 放松。
休息一下。
睡觉。

12. The surgeon is operating on Betty.
Jack
Tom

外科医生正在为 贝蒂 做手术。
杰克
汤姆

13. The doctor asked me to get an injection.
operation.
examination.

医生让我 打针。
做手术。
做检查。

14. The doctor advises her to go on a diet.
have a rest.
have some sleep.
医生建议她 节食。
休息。
睡觉。

15. Mr. Green tells me that nothing is serious and I will recover soon.
be alright.
be Ok.
格林先生告诉我没什么要紧的,很快就会 恢复。
好起来。
好。
4.Conversation 对话
1. Doctor: What's wrong with you?
Mike: I have a sore throat and a headache.
Doctor: Do you feel tired?
Mike: Yes, my whole body feels weak. And I really feel terrible.
Doctor: I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have to examine you.
Mike: Ok, go ahead.
Doctor: Open your mouth and show me your tongue. Say "Ah...". You have a bad cold. So you must stay in bed for a week.
医生:你哪不舒服?
迈克:我嗓子肿痛,头也疼。
医生:你感觉到很疲劳吗?
迈克:是的,我浑身虚弱。我感觉糟透了。
医生:我很遗憾,我必须给你检查一下。
迈克:好的,请吧。
医生:张开嘴,伸出舌头。发"啊……"。你得了重感冒,因此你必须卧床一周。

2. Jimmy: Will I be able to go out tomorrow?
Doctor: Probably, you should take some rest today. If you get enough rest, you'll feel better.
Jimmy: Good. I'll sleep today so that I'll be able to go out tomorrow.
Doctor: You look better today, Jimmy, but you mustn't get up yet, you must stay in bed for another day.
Jimmy: Well, I'll take your advice, doctor.
吉姆:我明天能外出吗?
医生:如果你今天好好休息的话,大概可以。如果你休息得比较充分,就会感到好受一些。
吉姆:好的。我今天睡觉,明天好出去玩。
医生:吉姆,你今天看起来好多了,但是你还不能出去,你必须在床上多呆一天。
吉姆:好吧,我听你的话,医生。

3. Nurse: What can I do for you, Sir?
Mr. Kent: We're here for our ten o'clock appointment with the doctor.
Nurse: I'm sorry you'll have to wait. The doctor won't be able to see you yet. There's been an emergency that he must take care of first.
Mr. Kent: Was there an accident?
Nurse: Yes, a little while ago a woman came into the office with a wounded child.
护士:先生,您找哪一位?
肯特先生:我们跟医生约好十点钟过来的。
护士:很抱歉,您必须等一会。医生还不能来看你。因为有紧急情况需要他先去处理。
肯特先生:发生意外了?
护士:是的,刚刚来了一位妇女,她的小孩受伤了。

4. Doctor: What's wrong with you?
Jane: I've caught a cold. I've got a sore throat, and I'm constantly sneezing and coughing.
Doctor: Let me feel your pulse and take your temperature.
Jane: Am I running a fever? What is it?
Doctor: There's nothing to worry about. Your temperature is not very high, I'll write out a prescription for you.
医生:你哪不舒服?
简:我感冒了。喉咙痛,不停地打喷嚏,咳嗽。
医生:我给你试一下脉搏,量一下体温。
简:我发烧吗?体温多少?
医生:没什么可担心的。体温不高,我给你开一些药。

5. Doctor: What has happened to the child?
Woman: My little boy has fallen off from his bike and hurt himself.
Doctor: I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have to examine him.
Woman: Has he broken any bones?
Doctor: No, nothing really the matter with him, just that he's cut his face and head.
Woman: Thank God! The blood really frightened me.

医生:孩子怎么了?
女人:我的小孩从自行车上摔下来跌伤了。
医生:很遗憾。我得给他检查一下。
女人:摔断骨头了没有?
医生:没有,没什么事情,只是划破了脸和头。
女人:谢天谢地!他流血可真吓着我了。

6. Doctor: What's the matter with you?
Patient: I got a bad headache.
Doctor: Let me take your temperature!
Patient: Ok!
Doctor: Oh, you haven't much fever. You have caught a cold. But don't worry, it's not serious.
Patient: Really? So what should I do?
Doctor: I'll give you some medicine and have a good rest, you'll be fine soon.
医生:你哪不舒服?
病人:我头疼。
医生:我量一下你的体温。
病人:好的。
医生:嗯,你不怎么发烧。你感冒了。不过,别担心,不严重。
病人:真的?那我应该怎么做呢?
医生:我给你开一些药。好好休息,你很快就会好起来。

Unit 13
Talking about Weather and Seasons
谈论天气与气候
1.Sentences 句子

181.The weather is getting warm.
天气变暖了。
182.The winter of this year is bitterly cold.
今年的冬天非常冷。
183.I like spring best.
我最喜欢春天。
184.The sun rises late and sets early in winter.
在冬天太阳升得晚降得早。
185.Yesterday morning was a foggy morning.
昨天早晨有雾。
186.It may get windy later on.
以后可能会起风。
187.The weather is often cold in the north and windy in the east。
北部天气往往寒冷,东部常常刮风。
188.In spring the weather is nice.
春天天气非常好。
189.We have ice and snow for about 3 months.
我们这儿有三个月的冰雪期。
190.I'm afraid we shall have rain this afternoon.
恐怕今天下午要下雨。
191.I hope it will clear up tomorrow.
我希望明天天晴。
192.It's beautiful weather we're having.
现在天气多好啊。
193.I guess farmers might wish it rained.
我想农民可能希望下雨。
194.It was sunny and warm all the time.
这儿总是阳光灿烂温和宜人。
195.December and February were much colder than January.
十二月和二月比一月要冷得多。

2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Mary: What do you think of the weather?
Tom: It's getting warmer.

玛丽:你觉得天气怎么样?
汤姆:越来越暖了。

2. Jack: The winter of this year is bitterly cold, isn't it?
Kate: Yes, it is.

杰克:今年的冬天非常冷,是吧?
凯特:是的。

3. John: Do you like spring?
Anne: Yes, I do.

约翰:你喜欢春天吗?
安妮:喜欢。

4. Bill: Is the sun the same in winter as that in summer?
Jane: It rises late and sets early in winter.
比尔:冬天的太阳和夏天的一样吗?
简:在冬天太阳升得晚落得早。

5. Lilly: Was it foggy yesterday morning?
Sam: Yes, it is.
莉莉:昨天早晨有雾吗?
山姆:有。

6. Tom: The weather is lovely, isn't it ?
Kelly: It may get windy later on.
汤姆:天气多好啊,是吧?
凯丽:过会儿可能会起风。

7. Jane: What's the weather in the north and in the east?
Jim: The weather is often cold in the north and windy in the east.
简:北部和东部的天气怎么样?
吉姆:北部往往天气寒冷,东部常常刮风。

8. Anne: Is the weather nice in spring?
Tom: Yes, it is.
安妮:春天天气好吗?
汤姆:好。

9. Bob: How long do you have ice and snow ?
Kate: For about 3 months.
鲍勃:你们那儿的冰雪期有多长?
凯特:大约三个月。

10. Jack: It begins to blow, doesn't it?
Lynn: Yes. I'm afraid we shall have rain this afternoon.
杰克:开始刮风了,是吧?
琳:是的。恐怕今天下午要下雨。

11. Tom: What bad weather we've got!
Susan: I hope it will clear up tomorrow.
汤姆:天气好糟糕!
苏珊:我希望明天天会晴。

12. John: It's beautiful weather we are having, isn't it?
Jane: Yes, it is.
约翰:天气非常好,是吧?
简:是的。

13. Sam: It's so hot today, isn't it?
Jane: Yes, I think so. I guess farmers might wish it rained.
山姆:今天天气太热了,不是吗?
简:是的。我想农民可能希望下雨。

14. Tom: Was it a lovely day yesterday?
Kelly: Yes. It was sunny and warm all the time.
汤姆:昨天天气好吗?
凯丽:是的。一整天都阳光灿烂,温和宜人。

15. Tom: Was it much colder in December and February than in January?
Maggie: Yes, it is.
汤姆:十二月和二月比一月要冷得多吗?
玛吉:是的。
3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. The weather is getting warm.
cold.
cool.
天气变 暖 了。
冷了。
凉了。

2. The winter of this year is bitterly cold.
very
badly


今年的冬天 非常 冷。

特别

3. I like spring best.
summer
winter
我最喜欢 春天。
夏天。
冬天。

4.The sun rises late and sets early in winter.
spring.

在 冬天 太阳升得晚落得早。
春天

5. Yesterday morning was a foggy morning.
sunny
windy

昨天早晨 有雾。
天气晴朗。
有风。

6. It may get windy later on.
warm
sunny

以后可能 起风。
变暖。
出太阳。

7. The weather is often cold in the north and windy in the east.
south
west

北 部天气往往寒冷,东部常常刮风。

西
8. In spring the weather is nice.
wonderful.
good.

春天天气 非常好。
美好。
不错。

9. We have ice and snow for about 3 months.
2 months.
1 month.
我们这儿有 三 个月的冰雪期。



10. I'm afraid we shall have rain this afternoon.
snow
wind

恐怕今天下午要 下雨。
下雪。
刮风。

11. I hope it will clear up tomorrow.
rain
snow

我希望明天 天晴。
下雨。
下雪。

12. It's beautiful weather we're having.
bad
lovely


现在天气多 好啊。
糟糕啊。
可爱啊。

13. I guess farmers might wish it rained.
Tom
Susan


我想 农民 可能希望下雨。
汤姆
苏珊

14. It was sunny and warm all the time.
sometimes.
yesterday.

这里 总是 阳光灿烂,温和宜人。
有时侯
昨天

15. December and February were much colder than January.
March

十二月和 二月 比一月要冷的多。
三月

4.Conversation 对话

1 Tom : Nice day today, isn't it?
Kelly: Yes, it's beautiful weather we're having.
Tom : We can't complain about the weather recently.
Kelly: Yes, the sun shines day after day. It's neither too hot nor too cold.
Tom : I wonder how long this weather can last.
Kelly: I hope it will stay fine tomorrow. I'm going to have a picnic with my family.

汤姆:天气真好,是吧?
凯丽:是的,非常好。
汤姆:最近天气真是无可挑剔。
凯丽:是的,每天阳光明媚。既不太热也不太冷。
汤姆:不知道这种天气可以持续多久。
凯丽:我希望明天还是好天气。我要和家人去野餐。

2 Jane: The weather is getting warm, isn't it?
Jack: Yes, I think so.
Jane: The winter of this year is bitterly cold.
Jack: Well, I do agree with you.
Jane: Which season do you like best?
Jack: I like spring and summer.
Jane: So do I. I don't like autumn and winter. The sun rises late and sets early.


简:天气变暖了,不是吗?
杰克:我也觉得。
简:今年的冬天非常冷。
杰克:呃,我同意你的说法。
简:你最喜欢哪个季节?
杰克:春天和夏天。
简:我也是,我不喜欢秋天和冬天。太阳升得晚落得早。

3 Jane: It's a fine day, isn't it?
Bill: Yes, it's wonderful.
Jane: It may get windy later on.
Bill: I don't mind as long as it doesn't rain.
Jane: Do you think tomorrow morning will be a foggy morning?
Bill: No, I don't think so, I hope it will stay fine.
Jane: Let's listen to the weather forecast on the radio.
Bill: That's a good idea.

简:天气真好,不是吗?
比尔:是的,非常好。
简:过会儿可能会起风。
比尔:只要不下雨就行。
简:你认为明天早晨会有雾吗?
比尔 :不会吧,我希望明天依然晴朗。
简:我们听一下收音机上的天气预报吧。
比尔 :好主意。

4 Jane: It's getting rather cloudy. It looks like to rain, doesn't it?
Tom: I hope it will clear up tomorrow. I'm going to have a picnic with my family.
Jane: It doesn't look very promising.
Tom: I agree with you.
Jane: I'm afraid it's going to rain at any moment now.
Tom: Look! It's pouring down outside.
Jane: I think we'd better hurry back. We have no umbrella.
Tom: Yes, let's go before we get soaked through.

简:天气变阴沉了。看起来像是要下雨,是吧?
汤姆:我希望明天天会晴。我要和家人去野炊。
简:看起来希望不大。
汤姆:我也觉得。
简:我觉得现在随时都会下雨。
汤姆:看!外面就要下起雨来了。
简:我想我们最好快点回去。我们没带伞。
汤姆:是的,现在回去还不至于被淋透。

Unit 14
talking about Brithdays
谈论生日
1.Sentences 句子

196.Today is Mary's birthday.
今天是玛丽的生日。
197.Tom is excited when getting up at 6:00 o'clock.
汤姆今天六点就起床了,很兴奋。
198.The parents gave Rose a computer as a birthday gift.
爸爸妈妈送给罗斯一台电脑作为生日礼物。
199.Betty's friends come to her home with all kinds of presents.
贝蒂的朋友带了各种各样的礼物到她家。
200.Jim sends me a beautiful watch for my birthday.
吉姆送我一块精美的手表作为生日礼物。
201.Jack's friends hold a big party to celebrate his birthday.
杰克的朋友为庆祝他的生日开了个大派对。
202.The grandparents provided them with a big cake.
爷爷奶奶给了他们一块大蛋糕。
203.We are singing and dancing in the party.
我们在晚会上又唱又跳。
204.They lit twelve candles on the cake.
他们点燃了十二支生日蜡烛。
205.I made a wish before blowing out the candles.
我在吹灭蜡烛前许了一个愿。
206.Susan invited her friends to go to the park after dinner.
吃过饭后,苏珊邀请朋友去公园。
207.Everyone says "happy birthday" to her.
每个人都对她说生日快乐。
208.Kitty received a big bunch of beautiful roses.
基蒂收到一大束美丽的玫瑰。
209.They finish the birthday party at 12:00 at night.
他们晚上十二点结束生日晚会。
210.I feel very happy for my birthday.
我的生日让我感到非常幸福。

2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Tom: Whose birthday is today?
Jane: It is Mary's.

汤姆:今天是谁的生日?
简:是玛丽的生日。

2. Mary: When did you get up today?
Tom: At 6:00 in the morning.

玛丽:你今天什么时候起床的?
汤姆:早上六点。

3. Anne: what did your parents give you as your birthday gift?
Tom: A computer.

安妮:你爸爸妈妈送什么给你作为生日礼物?
汤姆:他们送我一台电脑。

4. Tom : Who came to your home with all kinds of presents?
Betty: My friends came to my home.

汤姆:谁带着各种礼物去了你家呀?
贝蒂: 我的朋友们来我家了。

5. Jane: what did Mary send you?
Jim: She sent me a beautiful watch for my birthday.

简:玛丽送了你什么?
吉姆:她送我一块精美的手表做生日礼物。

6. Bill: How do your friends celebrate your birthday?
Jane: They held a big party for me.

比尔:你的朋友们怎样庆祝你的生日的?
简:他们为我开了一个大派对。

7. Dennis: What did your parents buy for you?
Mary: A big cake.

丹尼斯:爸爸妈妈给你买了什么?
玛丽:一个大蛋糕。

8. Jane: What did you do in the party?
Alan: We were singing and dancing.

简:你们在晚会上干什么了?
艾伦:我们又唱歌又跳舞。

9. Gorge: what did you do then?
Helen: We lit candles on the cake.

乔治:你们接着做了什么?
海伦:我们点燃了蛋糕上的生日蜡烛。

10. Tom : When did you make a wish?
Jane: I made a wish before blowing out the candles.

汤姆:你什么时候许的愿?
简:在吹灭蜡烛前许了个愿。

11. Mark: Where did you go after dinner?
Susan: I invited my friends to go to the park.

马克:你们吃过饭后去了哪?
苏珊:我邀请朋友们去了公园。

12. Tom : What did people say to you?
Lucy: They said "happy birthday" to me.

汤姆:大家对你说什么了?
露西:他们对我说"生日快乐"。

13. Tom : what did you receive today?
Kitty: I received a big bunch of beautiful roses.

汤姆:你今天收到了什么?
基蒂:我收到一大束美丽的玫瑰。

14. Tom : when did you finish your birthday party last night?
Maggie: At 12:00 o'clock.

汤姆:你们昨天什么时候结束生日派对的?
玛吉:十二点。

15. Alice: How did you feel for your birthday?
Peter: I felt very happy about it.

艾丽斯:你的生日过得怎么样?
彼得:非常高兴!


3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. Today is Mary's birthday.
John's
Tom's

今天是 玛丽 的生日。
约翰
汤姆

2. Tom is excited when getting up at 6:00o'clock.
coming back from school.
having his breakfast.

汤姆 六点起床的时候 很兴奋。
放学回家的时候
吃早饭的时候

3. The parents gave Rose a computer as a birthday gift.
a piano
a set of books

爸爸妈妈送给罗斯 一台电脑 作为生日礼物。
一架钢琴
一套书

4. Betty's friends come to her home with all kinds of presents.
many flowers.
many gifts.

贝蒂的朋友带了 各种各样的礼物 到她家。
许多花
很多礼物

5. Jim sends me a beautiful watch for my birthday.
a wonderful book
a nice tape

吉姆送我 一块精美的手表 作为生日礼物。
一本精彩的书
一盒好听的磁带

6. Jack's friends hold a big party to celebrate his birthday.
hold an interesting match
suggest a special picnic

杰克的朋友为庆祝他的生日 开了一个大派对。
举行了一场有趣的比赛。
建议来一个特别的野餐。

7. The grandparents provided them with a big cake.
a nice dinner.
a wide room.
爷爷奶奶给了他们 一个大蛋糕。
一桌丰盛的菜。
一间大屋子。

8. We are singing and dancing in the party.
singing and playing piano
drinking and eating

我们在晚会上 又唱又跳。
又弹又唱。
又吃又喝。

9. They lit 12 candles on the cake.
19
24

他们点燃了 十二 根生日蜡烛。
十九
二十四

10. I made a wish before blowing out the candles.
sang a song
closed my eyes

我在吹灭蜡烛前 许了一个愿。
唱了一首歌。
闭上了眼睛。
11. Susan invited her friends to go to the park after dinner.
go to skate
go to skate
have a walk along the lake

吃过饭后,苏珊邀请朋友 去公园。
去滑冰。
去湖边散步。

12. Everyone says "happy birthday" to her.
"good luck"
"have a nice day"

每个人都对她说 生日快乐。
祝你好运。
祝你快乐。


13. Kitty received a big bunch of beautiful roses.
wonderful lilies.
nice flowers.

凯蒂收到一大束 美丽的玫瑰。
美丽的百合。
漂亮的鲜花。

14. They finish the birthday party at 12:00 at night.
the celebration dinner
the celebration activities

他们晚上十二点才结束 生日派对。
庆祝晚餐。
庆祝活动。

15. I feel very happy for my birthday.
so exited
very pleased
我的生日让我感到 非常幸福。
很兴奋。
非常高兴。

4.Conversation 对话
1. Jane: Happy birthday! This is the gift for you!
Tom : Thanks so much!
Jane: Let's light the candle on the cake!
Tom : Ok!
Jane: You should make a wish before blowing out the candle.
Tom : Yes, I will make a wish for all of us!
简:祝你生日快乐!这是送给你的礼物!
汤姆:谢谢!
简:让我们点燃生日蜡烛吧!
汤姆:好的!
简:在吹灭蜡烛前许个愿吧!
汤姆:好,我为我们大家许个愿!

2. Henry: Tomorrow is May's birthday!
Jane: Really? I didn't know before.
Henry: She invited us to her home tomorrow evening.
Jane: There will be a birthday party?
Henry: Maybe. I am thinking what kind of gift she likes.
Jane: How about a lovely dog?
Henry: Oh, what a marvelous idea! It may surprise her greatly!
亨利:明天是阿媚的生日!
简:是吗?我还不知道呢。
亨利:她邀请我们明天晚上去她家。
简:有生日派对吗?
亨利:可能吧。我在想她喜欢什么礼物呢。
简:送她一只可爱的小狗怎么样?
亨利:好主意!这一定会给她一个大大的惊喜。

3. John: You know, mum's birthday is coming!
Kate: Yes, dad suggests a wonderful dinner for her.
John: Let's prepare it silently and give her a big surprise!
Kate: After dinner, we bring out our gifts to her to give her more surprise!
John: That would be a happy evening!
约翰:你知道么,妈妈的生日就要到了。
凯特:是啊,爸爸建议为她准备一顿丰盛的晚餐呢!
约翰:让我们悄悄的准备,给她一个大惊喜。
凯特:吃完晚饭后,拿出我们的礼物,会给她更多的惊喜。
约翰:那会是多么幸福的一个晚上啊!

4. Tony: Happy birthday!
Daisy: Come in, please!
Tony: These flowers are for you!
Daisy: How wonderful they are!
Tony: I went all the way to find it.
Daisy: It's so kind of you!
Tony: Don't mention it.
Daisy: Let's come into the room. The friends are waiting for us!
托尼:祝你生日快乐!
戴西:请进来!
托尼:这些花是送给你的。
戴西:哇,真漂亮!
托尼:我跑了好多地方才买到的。
戴西:真是太感谢了!
托尼:别客气!
戴西:快进来吧。朋友们在等我们呢!

5. Bess: It's 9:00p.m. now!
Paul: Yes. It's getting late, and we must go now!
Dolly: Ok, here are your coats.
Bess: Thanks. It's been a marvelous evening!
Paul: Well, we enjoined ourselves very much!
Dolly: I'm glad you could come. I'm very happy tonight!
Paul: Good night!
Bess: See you tomorrow!
Dolly: Good night!
贝丝:九点了!
保罗:是啊,有点晚了,我们该走了!
多丽:那好吧,这是你们的大衣。
贝丝:谢谢,这真是一个愉快的晚上!
保罗:今晚我们过得真高兴。
多丽:我很高兴你们能来,我感到好幸福!
保罗:晚安!
贝丝:明天见!
多丽:晚安!


Unit 15
Talking about Life on Campus
谈论校园生活
1.Sentences 句子

211.Our college is big and beautiful.
我们学校又大又美丽。
212. I have to go to three different buildings to have class.
我必须到三个不同的教学楼上课。
213.I like living in dormitories.
我喜欢住在宿舍里。
214.It takes me 5 minutes from dormitory to classroom.
从宿舍到教室需要五分钟。
215.There are only 2 thousand students in this college.
这所大学只有两千人。
216.We often go to the library to study.
我们经常到图书馆学习。
217.The college has teams for all kinds of sports.
大学里有各种各样的运动队。
218.The students have lots of clubs to join in their spare time.
学生们在课余时间可以参加许多俱乐部。
219.Lots of students nowadays have jobs while they are in university.
现在很多学生在上大学时就做临时工作。
220.I go to movies to improve my English.
为了提高英语,我去看电影。
221.It's a good idea to have a recorder to practice English.
用录音机来学英语是个好办法。
222.I think I failed math.
我想我的数学会不及格。
223.I passed English and math.
我的英语和数学及格了。
224.The campus life is very wonderful!
校园生活多姿多彩。
225.I miss my university life very much.
我非常想念我的大学生活。


2.Questions and Answers问与答

1. Jane: Would you like to tell me something about your college?
John: Our college is big and beautiful!

简:能介绍一下你们学校吗?
约翰:我们学校又大又美丽!

2. Mary: How many buildings do you have to go for class?
Tom: Three different buildings.
玛丽:你上课要去几个教学楼?
汤姆:三个不同的教学楼。

3. Anne: Do you like living in the dormitory?
Tom: Yes, I do.
安妮:你喜欢住在宿舍吗?
汤姆:喜欢。

4. Tom : How long does it take you from dormitory to classroom?
Betty: 5 minutes.
汤姆:从宿舍到教学楼要多少时间?
贝蒂:五分钟。

5. Jack: How do you like your dormitories?
Jane: They are comfortable and furnished well.
杰克:你们的宿舍怎么样?
简:很舒适,而且设备齐全。

6. Jane: How many students does your college have?
Dean: About 2 thousand students.
简:你们学校有多少人?
迪恩:大概两千人。

7. Dennis: Do you often go to the library to study?
Jane: Yes, we do.
丹尼斯:你们经常到图书馆学习吗?
简:是的,经常去。

8. Jane: what kinds of teams does the college have?
Alan: It has teams for all kinds of sports.
简:学校里有哪些队?
艾伦:有各种各样的运动队。

9. Gorge: What do the students do in their spare time?
Helen: They have lots of clubs to join.
乔治:学生们在课余时间做些什么?
海伦:他们参加许多俱乐部。

10. Tom : Do the students have jobs while they are in university?
Jane: Yes, lots of them do.
汤姆:现在学生在上大学时就做临时工作吗?
简:是的,很多。

11. Mike: What do you do in order to improve your English?
Susan: I go to movies.
迈克:你怎样提高英语?
苏姗:我看电影。

12. Tom : How about having a recorder?
Lucy: It's a good idea to practice your listening comprehension.
汤姆:买个录音机怎么样?
露西:这对锻炼听力挺有好处的。

13. Tom : How was your examination?
Kitty: I failed the math test.
汤姆:你的考试怎么样?
凯蒂:我的数学不及格。

14. Tom : What have you passed?
Maggie: I passed in English and math.
汤姆:你什么及格了?
玛吉:英语和数学。

15. Alice: What do you think about the campus life?
Peter: I think it's wonderful.
艾丽丝:你觉得你的大学生活怎么样?
彼得:很精彩。

3.Substitution Drills 替换练习

1. Our college is big and beautiful.
small but comfortable.
clean and beautiful.

我们学校 又大又美丽。
虽然小但很舒适。
又干净又美丽。

2. I have to go to three different buildings to have class.
two
four

我必须到 三 个不同的教学楼上课。



3. I like living in dormitories.
on campus.
at home.

我喜欢住在 宿舍里。
学校里。
家里。

4. It takes me 5 minutes from dormitory to classroom.
10
15

从宿舍到教室需要 五 分钟。

十五

5. There are only 2 thousand students in this college.
fewer than 3 thousand
more than 8 thousand

这所大学 只有两千人。
有不到三千人。
人数超过八千。

6. We often go to the library to study.
classroom
garden

我们经常到 图书馆 学习。
教室
花园

7. The college has teams for all kinds of sports.
contests.
大学里有为各种 运动 组织的运动队。
竞赛

8. The students have lots of clubs to join in their spare time.
collective activities
social practices

学生们在课余时间参加许多 俱乐部。
集体活动。
社会实践活动。

9. Lots of students nowadays have jobs while they are in university.
have gained work experience.
have benefited from part time jobs.

现在很多学生 在上大学时就做临时工作。
已经获得了工作经验。
从兼职工作中获益。

10. I go to movies to improve my English.
lectures
English corner
为了提高英语,我去 看电影。
听演讲。
英语角。

11. It's a good idea to have a recorder to practice English.
a radio
a computer

用 录音机 来学英语是个好办法。
收音机
电脑

12. I think I failed math.
English .
physics.

我想我的 数学 会不及格。
英语
物理

13. I passed English and math.
the Intelligence test.
Computer.

我的 英语和数学 及格了。
智力测试
计算机

14. The campus life is very wonderful!
interesting.
rather dull.

校园生活 很精彩!
很有趣。
很沉闷。

15. I miss my university life very much.
classmates
teachers

我非常想念我的 大学生活。
同学们。
老师们。

4.Conversation 对话

1 Henry: How do you like your college?
Jane: I like where it is and I like its size. It looks as if it's very small.
Henry: Yes, it's very pleasant. There're only about 2 thousand students.
Jane: What kind people go to this college?
Henry: There are all kinds of kids.
亨利:你喜欢你们学校吗?
简:我喜欢它的地理位置和规模。它看起来好像很小。
亨利:是啊,很舒服。才大约两千人。
简:什么样的人来上这所大学?
亨利:各种各样的年轻人。

2 Nancy: I'd like to know something about this college. Right now it's very big and confusing.
Jack: Do you have a map of the campus?
Nancy: Yes, I have. But it doesn't help me much.
Jack: Do you know where your classes are?
Nancy: More or less. I have to go to 3 different buildings to have class. And I am always late.
Jack: That's because you don't know the shortcuts. You'll learn them after a while.
南希:我想了解一下这所学校。现在我觉得它又大又乱。
杰克:你有校园地图吗?
南希:有。但没什么用。
杰克:你知道在哪上课吗?
南希:多少知道一些,我必须到三个不同的教学楼上课。我总是迟到。
杰克:那是因为你不知道近路,过一阵就会熟悉的。

3 Jim: What do you do in your English class?
Betty: We memorize new words and dialogues.
Jim: You mean you learn them by heart?
Betty: Yes, lots of them.
Jim: What good does it do?
Betty: When you memorize something, you can say it.
Jim: Maybe that is a good idea.
吉姆:你们上英语课做些什么?
贝蒂:我们记单词和对话。
吉姆:你是说默记?
贝蒂:对,记很多。
吉姆:这样记有什么好处呢?
贝蒂:会则能说啊!
吉姆:也许这是个好办法!

4 Gorge: What do you do in order to improve your English?
Jane: I go to lectures and listen to radio.
Gorge: I think it's a good idea to have a recorder, isn't it?
Jane: Sure. It's like understanding on the telephone ,you can't see the speaker.
Gorge: It takes a long time to learn a language, doesn't it?
Jane: It certainly does.
乔治:你怎样提高英语的?
简:我常听演讲,听收音机。
乔治:我想用录音机挺不错的,你说呢?
简:当然了。就像听电话一样-不见其人,只闻其声。
乔治:学一门语言要花很长时间,是吗?
简:确实如此。

5 Student: Why do we drill so much, saying the same things over and over again? It's not very intellectual.
Teacher: That's just the best way for language learning.
Student: Do you really mean what you said?
Teacher: Sure. How old were you when you learned to speak your own language?
Student: When I was a little kid.
Teacher: I don't think you were intellectual.
Student: I don't think I was.
学生:我们为什么做这么多练习,一遍又一遍地重复说呢?又不用动什么脑筋。
老师:这就是学一种语言的最佳方法。
学生:你是说真的吗?
老师:当然。你什么时候学说本国语的呢?
学生:在我还很小的时候。
老师:我想你那时不动什么脑筋吧?
学生: 我想那时是不动脑筋的。

6 Susan: How was your exam?
Jimmy: Not too bad. I think I passed in English and math. The questions were very easy. How about you?
Susan: The English and math weren't easy for me. I hope I haven't failed.
Jimmy: I think I failed the intelligence test. Most of the questions were difficult for me.
Susan: Intelligence tests are awful, aren't they?
Jimmy: I hate them. I'm sure I've got a low I.Q.
苏珊:你考试怎么样?
吉米:不算太坏,我想我英语和数学能及格。题比较容易。你呢?
苏珊:英语和数学对我来说不容易,但愿我能及格。
吉米:我的智力测试可能不及格,有些问题对我来说很难。
苏珊:智力测试太可怕了!对吧?
吉米:我讨厌它。我的智商肯定很低。

没有评论: