Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

International Speech Maker( 国际演讲高手)2

第一章 演讲要点Elements of Speech-Making
Common Structure of a Speech一般演讲框架

A well-organized speech with a clear structure is easier for the audience to follow. It is therefore more effective. You should organize the points you wish to make in a logical order. Most speeches are organized in three parts, followed by questions:
一个组织周全的演讲都有一个清晰的结构框架,听众比较容易跟随你的思路,因此,演讲也会更有成效。你必须有条理地把你的演讲要点组织在一起。多数演讲都遵循三个步骤,接着是问题回答部分。

Get Your Speech well Prepared
给你的演讲做个准备

Can you name the three most important things when giving any speech?
你知道做任何演讲之前最重要的三样东西是什么吗?
第一:Preparation!
第二:Preparation!!
第三:Preparation!!!
Preparation is everything! 准备就是一切!
With good preparation and planning, you will be totally confident and less nervous. And your audience will feel your confidence, your audience too will be confident. They will be confident in you. And this will give you control - control of your audience and of your speech. With control, you will be in charge. And your audience will listen positively to your message.
有了良好的准备和计划,你就会信心十足,不会那么紧张。而且你的听众会感觉到你的自信,你的听众也会自信起来。他们会对你充满自信。而这个会给你控制—— 控制你的听众和你的演讲。有了控制,就会由你来负责。你的听众会积极地听取你的演讲。

Something Should be Taken into Account
你必须考虑的东西
Objective 目 标
Before you start to prepare a speech, you should ask yourself: "Why am I making this speech?" Do you need to inform, to persuade, to train or to sell? Your objective should be clear in your mind. If it is not clear in your mind, it cannot possibly be clear to your audience.
在你开始准备一个演讲之前,你应该试问一下自己: “我为什么要做这个演讲”? 你是想要转达或说服某种事情,还是想培训或推销某种产品?在你的心里你必须有一个明确的目标。如果你的目标不够明确,你的听众是不可能抓住你的要点的。

Audience 听众
Who am I making this speech to? Sometimes this will be obvious, but not always. You should try to inform yourself. How many people? Who are they? Business people? Professional people? Political people? Experts or non-experts? Will it be a small, intimate group of 4 colleagues or a large gathering of 400 competitors? How much do they know already and what will they expect from you?
我为谁做演讲? 答案多数时候是很清楚的,但事情并不总是这样。在这时候,你要尽量询问自己:有多少人? 他们是谁?商界人士还是专业人士?政界要人还是专家学者?他们是三四个亲密的同事?还是四五百个敌对竞争者?他们对你知道有多少?他们还希望从你身上获得什么?

Venue 地点
Where am I making this speech?
在哪里演讲? 在宾馆里的一个小型会议室里还是在一个大型会议厅里?里面有什么设施和设备?座位布置又是怎样?

Time and Length 时间和长度
When am I making this speech and how long will it be? Will it be 5 minutes or 1 hour? Just before lunch, when your audience will be hungry, or just after lunch, when your audience will be sleepy?
什么时候开始演讲?演讲时间是多长? 是五分钟还是一个小时?在午饭前,听众都饿着肚子的时候? 还是在午饭后,听众比较疲倦的时候?

Method 演讲的方式
How should I make this speech? What approach should you use? Formal or informal? Lots of visual aids or only a few? Will you include some anecdotes and humour for variety?
怎样演讲? 该采用怎样的方式?是正式还是非正式?有很多视觉辅具还是一点点?穿插一些趣文幽默?

Content 内容
What should I say? Now you must decide exactly what you want to say. First, you should brainstorm your ideas. You will no doubt discover many ideas that you want to include in your speech. But you must be selective. You should include only information that is relevant to your audience and your objective. You should exclude all other ideas. You also need to create a title for your speech (if you have not already been given a title). The title will help you to focus on the subject. You can always give additional information during the questions after the speech.
我该说些什么? 现在你必须决定你该说些什么。 首先,你得整体回顾一下你的想法。毫无疑问你会发现很多你想在演讲中提到的东西。但你必须要有选择性。你应该收集一些只与你的听众和主题相关联的信息。排除一切不相关的东西。(如果你还没有一个标题的话) 标题有助你的主题定位。在演讲后的问题回答过程中,你可提供一些附加的信息。

Notes 备忘稿
When you give your speech, you should be - or appear to be - as spontaneous as possible. You should not read your speech! You should be so familiar with your subject and with the information that you want to deliver that you do not need to read a text. Reading a text is boring! Reading a text will make your audience go to sleep! So if you don't have a text to read, how can you remember to say everything you need to say? With notes. You can create your own system of notes. Some people make notes on small, A6 cards. Some people write down just the title of each section of their talk. Some people write down keywords to remind them. The notes will give you confidence, but because you will have prepared your speech fully, you may not even need them!
当你做演讲的时候,你应该是或者看起来是在做一个临场发挥的演讲。你不可能照本宣科,你应该对你演讲的主题和一切信息了如指掌。 读演讲稿是让人乏味的,这样会使你的观众昏昏欲睡。 然而没有演讲稿,你又怎样能够记住你要说的一切呢? 备忘稿,你可以创立自己的备忘稿。 有些人把它做成A6纸张大小。 有些人只写下每部分演讲的标题。 有些人则写下演讲的关键字来提醒自己。 这些备忘稿能够使你更加有信心,但是,如果你演讲准备充分的话,你根本就用不着它们。

Rehearsal 操练
Rehearsal will have the following benefits: 操练会使你受益非浅 :
you will become more familiar with what you want to say.
你会更加熟悉你想说的话。
you will identify weaknesses in your speech .
你能够发现演讲的弱点。
you will be able to practice difficult pronunciations.
你能够练习较难的发音。
you will be able to check the time that your speech takes and make any necessary modifications.
你能够算出演讲所需要的时间并做出必要的修动。


Editor's Note
Rehearsal is a vital part of preparation. You should leave time to practice your speech two or three times. Even the great speaker sometimes will be in panic and slip into a bathroom for practice before making a speech.
操练是准备过程中至关重要的一部分,你必须在演讲前抽出时间操练两三次。即使是出色的演讲者在演讲之前有时候也会惊恐不安,溜进洗手间猛操练一番。

Requirements of Language
演讲的语言要求
1. If you want your audience to understand your message, your language must be simple and clear.
如果你想让你的听众理解你传递的信息,你的语言就应该简单、清晰。

2. Use short words and short sentences.
使用短字和短句。

3. Do not use jargon, unless you are certain that your audience understands it.
尽量不使用行话,除非你确信你的听众能够接受。

4. In general, talk about concrete facts rather than abstract ideas.
一般来说,尽量谈论实质的东西,少用抽象的概念。

5. Use active verbs instead of passive verbs. Active verbs are much easier to understand. They are much more powerful.
多用主动语态,少用被动语态。主动句更容易让人理解,它们更富有威力。

第九章 把观众引入正确的位置
Lead Your Audience to The Right Place

Signposting语言导航

When you drive on the roads, you know where you are on those roads. Each road has a name or number. Each town has a name. And each house has a number. If you are at house No.100, you can go back to No.50 or forward to No.150. You can look at the signposts for directions. And you can look at your atlas for the structure of the roads in detail. In other words, it is easy to navigate the roads. You cannot get lost. But when you give a speech, how can your audience know where they are? How can they know the structure of your speech? How can they know what is coming next? They know because you tell them. Because you put up signposts for them, at the beginning and all along the route. This technique is called "Signposting"
当你驱车行驶在公路上,你知道你处在公路的哪一个位置。每一条路都有其名字和号码。每一个城镇都有名字。每一间房子也都有门牌。如果你在一百号房,你就可以找到五十和一百五十号房。你可以通过路标找到方向。你也可以通过地图详细地看到道路结构。也就是说,你可以轻易地确定道路方向,你就不会迷路。但是当你在做一个演讲的时候,你的听众怎样知道你说到哪里了呢?他们怎么知道你的演讲框架呢?他们怎么知道下一个又将是什么话题呢?只有你告诉他们,他们才知道,是因为你从始直终为他们设置了航标。这就叫“导航”。

During your introduction, you should tell your audience what the structure of your speech will be. You might say something like this:
在开始介绍的时候,你不妨告诉听众你所做演讲的框架结构。你可以这样对他们说:

"I'll start by describing the current position in Europe. Then I'll move on to some of the achievements we've made in Asia. After that I'll consider the opportunities we see for further expansion in Africa. Lastly, I'll quickly recap before concluding with some recommendations."
“我先描述一下当前欧洲的形势作为我演讲的开始。 然后,我将谈谈我们在亚洲取得的成绩。之后,我将评估一下在非洲进一步扩展的可能性。最后,我将做个总结,提出建议。”

A member of the audience can now visualize your speech like this:
这样听众就能够形象地描绘出你的演讲框架大概分为:
Introduction 介绍部分
Welcome 欢迎词
Explanation of structure (now) 演讲框架
Body 正文部分
Europe欧洲小节
Asia 亚洲小节
Africa 非洲小节
Conclusion 总结部分
Summing up 概括
Recommendations 提议

He will keep this image in his head during the speech. He may even write it down. And throughout your speech, you will put up signposts telling him which point you have reached and where you are going now. When you finish Europe and want to start Asia, you might say:
听众就会在你整个演讲过程中脑海里形成一副清晰的框架。他们可以做下笔记。在你的整个演讲过程中,你可以设置航标,告诉听众你提到了哪些要点,要继续哪些要点。当你结束了欧洲要转到亚洲话题的时候,你可以说:

"That's all I have to say about Europe. Let's turn now to Asia.""
“这就是我对于欧洲阐述的问题。 现在,让我们再看看亚洲。”

When you have finished Africa and want to sum up, you might say:
当你结束了非洲话题后,不妨做个概括,你可以这样说:

"Well, we've looked at the three continents Europe, Asia and Africa. I'd like to sum up now.""
“好的,我们已经讨论了欧、亚、非三大洲的问题,现在我想做个总结论述。”

And when you finish summing up and want to give your recommendations, you might say:
当你结束概括后,如果你想提个建议,你可以这样说:

"What does all this mean for us? Well, firstly I recommend..."
“这些对我们将意味着什么?好了, 首先,我建议……”

Useful Signposting Sentences演讲实用导航套句
The table below lists useful expressions that you can use to signpost the various parts of your speech.
下面是你在演讲过程中,对你演讲各个部分向听众导航的实用套句表达。

Introducing the subject 介绍主题
I'd like to start by... 我想以……开始我的演讲
Let's begin by... 让我们从……开始
First of all, I'll... 首先,我将……
Starting with... 从……开始
I'll begin by... 我将从……入手
I am going to talk today about... 今天我想谈论一下…
The purpose of my speech is to introduce our new range of...
今天演讲的目的是介绍一下我们的新系列…
I think everybody in this room must have heard...
我想大家一定听说过…
Finishing one subject 结束一个主题
Well, I've told you about... 好的,我已经谈论了……
That's all I have to say about... 这就是我对……所说的一切
We've looked at... 我们已经看到……
So much for... 对……我已经谈了很多了
Starting another subject 开始另一个主题
Now we'll move on to... 现在,让我们将看看……
Let me turn now to... 现在,让我转到……
Next... 下面……
Turning to... 看看……
I'd like now to discuss... 我现在想谈论一下……
Let's look now at... 让我们看看……
I think I have gone so far with that problem, let's turn over to
在那个问题上我已经谈了很多了,让我们转到…
Analyzing a point and giving recommendations 分析观点和提出建议
Where does that lead us? 这对我们将有什么启示?
Let's consider this in more detail... 让我们再详细地考虑一下
What does this mean for... ? 这对……将意味着什么?
Translated into real terms... 回到现实中来,我们……
In conclusion, my recommendations are...
总之,我的建议是……
I therefore suggest/propose/recommend the following strategy.
因此,我建议以下策略。
Giving an example 举例说明
For example,... 例如,……
A good example of this is... 一个对此很好的例子是……
As an illustration,... 如演示……
To give you an example,... 举个例子来说,……
To illustrate this point... 为了说明这一点,……
Dealing with questions 关于问题
We'll be examining this point in more detail later on...
我会以后更加详细地讨论关于……
I'd like to deal with this question later, if I may...
我想以后处理这个问题,如果我……
I'll come back to this question later in my talk...
我想在后面谈话中再进行论述这个问题,……
Perhaps you'd like to raise this point at the end...
也许,你应该在……结束时提出这个问题
I won't comment on this now...
我不想现在对此做出评论,……
Now I'll try to answer any questions you may have.
现在,我将回答你们的疑问。
Can I answer any questions?
你们有问题吗?
Are there any questions?
你们有疑问吗?
Do you have any questions?
你们要提什么问题吗?
Summarizing and concluding 概括和总结
In conclusion,... 总之,……
Right, let's sum up, shall we...?
好了,让我们总结一下,我们应该……?
I'd like now to recap... 我想现在概括一下……
Let's summarize briefly what we've looked at...
让我们简要概括一下我们所提到的……
Finally, let me remind you of some of the issues we've covered...
最后,让我给大家再提一下我们所涉及的……问题
If I can just sum up the main points...
我想总结一下……要点

Ordering 顺序
Firstly...secondly...thirdly...lastly...
第一…、第二…、第三…、最后…
First of all...then...next...after that...finally...
首先…、然后…、接着…再后…、最后…
To start with...later...to finish up...
开始…、下面…、结束…

没有评论: