Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

Talk in American English 31-40

Dialog 31 Here you go.
A: Good morning. What would you like?
B: Give me two fried eggs with bacon and a cup of coffee.
A: Here you go.
译文
A: 早上好,想吃点什么?
B: 来两个煎蛋加腌肉,再来一杯咖啡。
A: 来了。

Dialog 32
I enjoyed it very much.
A: Did you see the documentary of South Africa?
B: Yes, I did.
A: What did you think of it?
B: I enjoyed it very much.
A:I think the stations should air more documentaries.
B: I agree. Some of the programs on TV are so childish.
译文
A: 你看了那部关于南非的记录片了吗?
B: 是的,我看了。
A: 你认为它如何?
B: 我很喜欢。
A: 我认为电视台应该多放记录片。
B: 我赞成。有些电视节目实在很幼稚。

Dialog 33
When are you due?
A: Susan, did you pick up my plane ticket?
B: Yes, It's on your desk.A: Thanks. Everything is so rush-rush.
B: When are you due in L.A.?
A: I have to be there for a morning conference.
B: Have a safe trip.
译文
A:苏珊,你拿到我的机票了吗?
B:是的,在你桌上。
A:谢谢。一切都那么紧急。
B:你什么时候到洛杉矶?
A:我得到那里参加一个早会。
B:旅途平安。

Dialog 34
This is it. / That's it.
A: I'm looking for a book on the Civil War that was published last year. I don't remember the author's name, though.
B: Let me check the shelf.
A: Is this the one?
B: Oh, yes. This is it.
译文
A:我在找一本去年出版的有关美国内战的书,可是我记不得作者的名字。
B:让我在书架上找一找。
A:是不是这一本?
B:对。就是这本。

Dialog 35
I got sick and tired of it.
A: I heard you took a trip to England.
B: Yes, I did.
A: How did you like this trip?
B: Oh, I got sick and tired of hotels and hotel food.
A: I can imagine. How long were you there?
B: Two weeks.
译文
A: 我听说你去了一趟英国。
B: 是的,我去了。
A: 这次旅程怎么样?
B: 噢,我厌倦了旅馆和旅馆的食物。
A: 我想象得到。你去了多久?
B: 两星期。

Dialog 36 That's about it.
A: What do you have for dessert?
B: Chocolate cake, pecan pie and ice cream.
A: Anything else?
B: No, That's about it.
译文
A:你们有些什么甜点?
B:巧克力蛋糕、胡桃派和冰激凌。
A:还有别的吗?
B:没有,大概就这些了。


Dialog 37 So they say.
A: Did you see today's newspaper?
B: No, I haven't. What's happened?
A: The paper says this is the hottest summer in Beijing's history.B: So they say.
译文
A:你看今天的报纸了吗?
B:还没有。怎么啦?
A: 报纸上说这个夏天是北京历史上最热的。
B: 大家都这么说。

Dialog 38 You said it.
A: Most Americans aren't interested in the rest of the world.
B: You said it. Why do you think that is?
A: A superiority complex, I suppose.
译文
A: 大部分美国人对美国以外的事情不太感兴趣。
B: 说的没错。你觉得是什么原因呢?
A: 我想是优越感在起作用吧。

Dialog 39 The thing is...
A: Can you be here by six?
B: Normally I could, but the thing is I have a doctor's appointment at 4:30, so that would be pushing it.
A: How about 6:30 then?
B: O.K. It's a date.
译文
A: 你六点以前能到吗?
B: 本来可以,不过因为四点半约好了见医生,恐怕要推迟些。
A: 六点半如何?
B: 好的,说定了。

Dialog 40 It won't work.
A: I won't to keep this job and go to school at the same time.
B: You could go to school at night.
A: It won't work. The job takes up too much time.
译文
A: 我不能保留着这份工作同时又去学校念书。
B: 你可以去夜校。
A: 行不通的,这份工作占的时间太多了。

没有评论: