Search more info about this


2007年4月18日星期三

Talk in American English 71-80

Dialog 71 It really got to me.
A: Anne, are you alright? You sound so choked up that I can hardly understand you.
B: Oh, I just watched a movie and it really got to me.
A: Don't be silly. It's just a movie.
译文A: 安妮,你还好吧?你的声音听起来很沙哑,我几乎听不清你的话。
B: 噢,我刚刚看了一部电影,很受感动。
A: 别傻了,只不过是部电影而已。

Dialog 72
You've got me there.
A: The report says you have a low blood sugar.
B: Really? But if my blood sugar is low, why do I feel so energetic?
A: You've got me there. I've never seen anyone with such low blood sugar who said they felt so energetic.
译文
A: 报告上说你的血糖很低。
B: 是吗?可是如果我的血糖低,为什么我觉得这么有精力?
A: 我也不知道。我从没见过有人血糖这么低还觉得如此精力旺盛。

Dialog 73 I'll show you.
A: What are you doing?
B: I'm trying to solve this problem, but I just can't seem to find the right answer.
A: Oh, I know the answer. I'll show you.
B: I don't know what I'd do without you.
译文
A: 你在做什么?
B: 我正试着解决这个问题,但我似乎就是找不到正确答案。
A: 噢,我知道答案。让我告诉你。
B: 我真不知道没有你我该怎么办。

Dialog 74 Take your time.A: Why are you so nervous?
B: I have to finish this assignment.
A: When's it due?
B: Next week.
A: Take your time. Relax! You have plenty of time to finish it.
B: I won't be able to relax until it's finished.
译文
A: 你为什么那么紧张?
B: 我得完成这作业。
A: 什么时候到期?
B: 下星期。
A: 慢慢来,放松点。你有足够的时间完成它。
B: 在完成之前,我没法放松。

Dialog 75 I'm broke.
A: May I borrow some money?
B: I'm broke. How much do you need?
A: Only two bucks.
B: I can lend you that.
A: Oh, thanks. I'll pay you back tomorrow.
B: There's no hurry.
译文
A: 你能借我一点钱吗?
B: 我没什么钱了。你需要多少?
A: 只需要两块钱。
B: 我能借你。
A: 啊,谢了。我明天还你。
B: 不用着急。

Dialog 76 That's a rip-off.
A: How did you enjoy your dinner last night?
B: It was terrible.
A: Why?
B: The food was cold, the service was bad and the meal was overpriced.
A: It sounds like a rip-off.
B: It really was.
译文
A: 昨晚的晚餐你喜欢吗?
B: 糟透了。
A: 为什么?
B: 食物是凉的,服务不好,东西又贵。
A: 听起来像是敲诈。
B: 就是。

Dialog 77
I can't think of it off hand.
A: What's Jack's phone number?
B: I can't think of it off hand. Why?
A: I have to see him before he leaves his office.
B: Why don't you call his mother and get his number?
译文
A: 杰克的电话号码多少?
B: 我一时想不起来。怎么?
A: 我得在他离开办公室前见他。
B: 你何不打电话给他妈妈,要他的电话号码?

Dialog 78 So far so good.
A: When did you come to the United States?
B: I came in September of last year.
A: What do you think of this country?
B: So far so good.
A: How's business?
B: For a while it was slow, but things are looking up now.
译文
A:你什么时候到的美国?
B:去年九月来的。
A:你觉得这个国家如何?
B:目前为止都好。
A:生意如何?
B:有一阵不景气,不过现在好转了。

Dialog 79 I know. / I see.
A: I heard you were moving to Los Angeles.
B: That's right. I got an offer for a terrific job.
A: I see. When are you leaving?
B: Not until July.
A: That's a long time from now.
B: I know, but I want to wait until my children finish school.
译文
A:我听说你要搬到洛杉矶去。
B:是的。我得到了一个很好的工作机会。
A:我明白了。你什么时候走?
B:七月之前不会走。
A:那离现在还很久。
B:我知道。不过我想等我的孩子们学期结束。

Dialog 80
It drives me crazy.
A: Why didn't you show up last night?
B: I couldn't. My car broke down.
A: Again? You repaired it last week!
B: I know. It's driving me crazy.
A: Have you thought about buying a new car?
B: Of course, but I can't afford it.
译文
A:你昨晚怎么没出现?
B:我没办法。我的车坏了。
A:又坏了?你上周才修了。
B:我知道。它让我快发疯了。
A:有没有想过买辆新的?
B: 当然想过,但我买不起。

没有评论: